Select the system profile you want installed
- e.g. desktop/email
Download and prepare a Debian network installer for your hardware
e.g. AMD64 → netinst → mini.iso
- Install Debian with selected system profile:
- Connect the computer to ethernet
- Boot your computer with the prepared installer
e.g. put in USB stick, turn power on, hold down F12, and select USB HDD
At the Debian installer menu, select Advanced options → Automated install
- When asked for "preseeding", type in your selected system profile like this:
Subscribe to the user mailinglist to get help (and perhaps help out yourself).
- Consider subscribing twice - with both your institutional and some independent address.
You are done! Welcome to Debian and DebianParl
Consider adding yourself at the users page.