This page contains information already on other pages. Help is welcome to remove the duplicate parts, and to update or remove the obsolete parts. No need to ask before editing.
Packages maintained by the Debian Multimedia Team
Here you can find a list of packages maintained by the Debian Multimedia Team:
New packages should set the Maintainer field to Debian Multimedia Maintainers <email@example.com>. Existing packages should move to using that address on a best-effort basis.
All source packages shoud use the pkg-multimedia git area in alioth.
How to help with packaging
The Debian Multimedia Maintainers need help to create new Debian packages and maintain the existing ones. If you want to contribute to this effort, but you are new to the Debian packaging systems, here follows some information to get you started.
- Packages should use git, as mentioned above. Desirable is being able to use git-buildpackage.
Upstream sources should be kept in the upstream branch and the the debian packaging in the master branch.
Quilt should be used for patch management, and the master branch should only differ from the upstream branch in files inside the debian/ directory. This means no direct changes to the source in the master branch.
The maintainer field should be set to Debian Multimedia Maintainers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The git repository should be hosted in alioth, under the pkg-multimedia project. It should forward commit messages to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can use the setup-repository script in /git/pkg-multimedia to create the bare repository with commit messages enabled. The repository should be named as the source package name for the message forwarding to work (eg, the repository for source package liblo is named liblo.git).
- The control file should use the Vcs-Git and Vcs-Browser tags.
One change per commit. This is very important, it eases review, cherry picking, bisecting (and thus debugging) and backporting.
- Do not commit the debian changelog along with the changes. It makes cherry picking and backporting changes easier. The changelog is generated with git-dch at the time of upload.
- After each upload, the first commit should be creating a new changelog entry, to ease testing of unreleased packages.
Work with git for newbies
Creating new project git repository
$ ssh <user>@git.debian.org
$ cd /git/pkg-multimedia
$ ./setup-repository <project>
<user> your alioth account user name
Uploading your project to git repository
$ cd /path/to/sources/
$ git-import-dsc <project>_0.0.1-1.dsc
$ cd <project>
$ git remote add alioth ssh://<user>@git.debian.org/git/pkg-multimedia/<project>.git
$ git push alioth master
$ git push alioth upstream
$ git push alioth --tags
Work in progress : We're checking all the WNPP bugs and updating infos on this page.