Debian Med's goals for the Squeeze release
Here are some proposed goals that emerged from the post-release ping and discussion of August 2009. The following list only contains the goals that are not focused on one particular packages.
- Official Debian Med images for live systems and virtual machines.
- Develop more formal ties with other organisations.
- Provide essential academic meta-data for our packages: which article to cite, where to register so that our users can be counted for grant reports.
- Update and review all the Debtags of the direct dependancies of our metapackages.
- Provide up to date documentation in med-doc package
Include GT.M into Debian (WNPP)
Debian Med's goals for the Lenny release
Let us discuss on this page the goals we want to set to ourselves for the Lenny release. Here is a list of propositions in which we could pick goals that we think we can achieve before Lenny freezes. For the moment, this list is not sorted by importance.
- Provide in a standard place a formatted reference to the scientific article where the content of the package is published.
- Extensive review of the Debtags.
- Translation of the descriptions.
- Have one .desktop file for each .menu file.
- Autogenerate our .menu files from .desktop files.
- Detect and adopt umaintained Field::Biology packages.
- Perform the Homepage: field transition for all the Field::Biology packages.
- Have a Longdescription for all our menu entries.
Return to DebianMed main wiki page.