Earlier this month, the first alpha release of d-i for buster was released. We also plan to release a Debian Live alpha version using this version of d-i to install the live images. This page exists to co-ordinate the testing of the live images before they are released.
Release notes for this alpha release is drafted at ?DebianLive/buster/iso-testing/alpha-1/release-notes
Where to get images
Pre-alpha1 release testing: http://cdimage.debian.org/images/.buster_di_alpha1/
- Rsync server: cdimage.debian.org::cdimage/.buster_di_alpha1
- Alpha1 release images: (pending testing)
What needs to be tested
- Architectures: amd64, i386
- Boot Media: usb, cdrom
- Partitioning: Whole disk (auto), custom partitioning, LVM, encrypted, raid
- Modes: Live session, install to disk
Conditions for alpha1 release:
- Must be installable from the media
- User should be able to log in to desktop session and be able to use the desktop environment to launch apps and shut down the system
Sheet tracking what is tested / needs to be tested: https://storm.debian.net/shared/bcK-bFTN84y6QSFDitm0Gi8VgZkp131OYl7vmGA1S1D
Sign in for edit access.