|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
|This announce has now been [[https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2012/11/msg00005.html|published]]. If something has to be updated, that's on the website (webwml repository).||This announce has now been [[http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2013/02/msg00005.html|published]]. If something has to be updated, that's on the website (webwml repository).|
This page is used to prepare the next release announcement to be sent to debian-devel-announce and debian-boot mailing lists.
This announce has now been published. If something has to be updated, that's on the website (webwml repository).
Title: Debian Installer Wheezy Beta4 release
The Debian Installer team is pleased to announce the Wheezy Beta4 release of the installer for Debian Wheezy.
Improvements in this release of the installer
- console-setup: Fix support for Greek and Ethiopian layouts (#691201).
- elilo: Fix installation on ia64 (#685186).
- grub2: Fix some EFI boot failures (#687320).
- block: fix infinite loop which caused iso-scan to hang (#684293).
- iwlwifi: Do not request unreleased firmware for IWL6000 (#689416).
- random: Improve random number generation on non-interactive systems.
- speakup: lower default software speech rate (#686742).
- speakup: Fix crash on goto operation (#685953).
- tg3: Fix TSO CAP for 5704 devs w / ASF enabled.
- Fix dns- entries in /etc/network/interfaces (#689474).
- Kill dhcp6c after timeout unless a lease is obtained.
- Fix segfault when netcfg/enable is false.
- Prefer hostname found in netcfg/hostname (if set) over the one in DHCP/DNS.
- Temporarily disable IPv6 privacy extensions.
- Skip reachability test for empty gateway (#690868).
- Obey netcfg/disable_dhcp for compatibility reasons and disable autoconfig.
- Add a debconf template for netcfg/disable_autoconfig and state that netcfg/disable_dhcp is deprecated.
- Improve speech synthesis support (#690588).
- Update lowmem limit for graphical installer.
Hardware support changes
- libdebian-installer: Add support for versatile express platform.
- [armel/kirkwood] ahci: Add JMicron 362 device IDs (#634180).
- asix: Support DLink DUB-E100 H/W Ver C1 (#687567).
- udeb: Add hid-logitech-dj to input-modules (#661379).
- udeb: Add snd-hda-codec-ca0132 to sound-modules (#682368).
- udeb: Add fuse-modules to support os-prober (#684265).
- ath9k: Add PID/VID support for AR1111
- rt2800usb: Add more device IDs
Feedback for this release
We do need your help to find bugs and further improve the installer, so please try it. Installer CDs, other media and everything else you will need are available at our web site.
The Debian Installer team thanks everybody who has contributed to this release.