Switching from Wheezy Beta2 to Wheezy Beta3
Link to the announce.
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
This announce has now been [[https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2012/09/msg00003.html|published]]. If something has to be updated, that's on the website (webwml repository).
|Line 43:||Line 50:|
| * Installing from the 1st CD without a network mirror doesn't install a full desktop environment → Apparently Gnome fits on CD1.
||* Installing from the 1st CD without a network mirror doesn't install a full desktop environment.|
This page is used to prepare the next release announcement to be sent to debian-boot and debian-devel-announce mailing lists.
This announce has now been published. If something has to be updated, that's on the website (webwml repository).
Title: Debian Installer Wheezy Beta2 release
The Debian Installer team is pleased to announce the second beta release of the installer for Debian Wheezy.
Improvements in this release of the installer
- espeakup: Fix voice path according to multiarch switch (#682313). This fixes the failure to switch languages.
- grub-installer: Fix /proc mounting code to use linprocfs on GNU/kFreeBSD (#613430). This fixes the failure to find a GRUB device on those systems.
- mountmedia: Fix hang due to trying to mount extended partitions (#683849).
- linux kernel: Updated from 3.2.21-3 to 3.2.23-1.
- List available ESSIDs (Closes: #637128).
- Improve support for s390 and s390x.
- Fix ext4 support.
- Fix timeout-related crashes on sparc (Niagara - sun4v).
- Fix qcontrol/LED/beeper support on arm.
- Fix persistent-net-generator on s390 and s390x.
- Switch to the 'Joy' theme.
- Default to the graphical installation for all kernels.
- xserver-xorg-input-mouse: Fix crash on GNU/kFreeBSD (#683849).
Hardware support changes
- Support for reading hardware model from Device Tree (armel).
- Add Dreamplug device (Kirkwood)
- linux kernel:
- Add support for r8169 on mipsel.
- s390x support should be working fine now (#681760).
- 73 languages are supported in this release. Full translation for 57 of them.
Known issues in this release
- Installing from the 1st CD without a network mirror doesn't install a full desktop environment.
Feedback for this release
We do need your help to find bugs and further improve the installer, so please try it. Installer CDs, other media and everything else you will need are available at our web site.
The Debian Installer team thanks everybody who has contributed to this release.