- Downloads and extracts all the files needed and takes care of organizing them.
- Prepares a top level menu, which allows one to choose from all installed netboot images.
- Supports PXElinux and grub-efi.
- Adds non-free firmware to the installer images easily.
- Helps with preseeding the installer in order to set up systems completely automatically.
- Sysadmins, who need to configure network boot services to install machines (completely automatic, if preseeding is used) over the network.
- Developers, who need to install new versions and distributions often.
The list of supported netboot images contains many Debian releases as well as some derivatives.
- Debian GNU/Linux Installation Guide
Preparing Files for TFTP Net Booting (for i386)
Booting the installer / Booting from network (for i386)
Bugs : di-netboot-assistant in the BTS.
../NetbootMetadata - metadata proposal, for di-netboot-assistant v1.0