This is a tracking page for issues related to console fonts and keyboard maps installed for each language by the DebianInstaller.
- bs (Bosnian):
- current is lat2-sun16 (console-data). Display problems for some chars that can be entered with the default keymap
- localechooser has switched to Uni3-Terminus16 (terminus)
- cs (Czech):
- current is lat2-sun16 (console-data).
- early tests with ter-v16f did not trigger problems. Lat2-Terminus16 or Uni3-Terminus16 should be OK
- fr (French):
- current is lat9u-16 (console-data). Works as expected
- should get advices from -l10n-french and/or -user-french to switch to terminus (Lat15-Terminus16 or Uni3-Terminus16)
- ka (Georgian):
- a font has been created by the translator: ka8x16thin
- ku (Kurdish):
- uses the same glyphs than Turkish
- tr (Turkish):
- current is Lat15-Terminus16 as of localechooser 1.02 (terminus)
- was OK for ter-v16f (terminus), but will further investigate the color restriction to see is Uni3-Terminus16 would be OK
- uk (Ukrainian):
- current is ruscii_8x16 (console-data)
- in ter-v16f, the small letter "k" should be corrected according to Eugenyi as it is too close to Latin "k"
The map list is done by hand, listing only one layout per localization, typically.
- only available on gtk images
- accessible through a submenu: in the main menu replace the current "dvorak" choice with "ergonomic" choice which brings a list of the available ergonomic choices.