Differences between revisions 3 and 4
Revision 3 as of 2021-01-03 09:18:25
Size: 652
Editor: ?Anupa Ann Joseph
Comment:
Revision 4 as of 2021-01-07 18:04:51
Size: 2781
Editor: ?Anupa Ann Joseph
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 17: Line 17:
== Attendees ==
 Akshay, Raju, Abraham, Suman, Ravi, Harish, Ashutosh, Kannan, Anupa, Utkarsh, Akhil, Praveen.

== Updates from teams: ==

'''General questions:'''

 * Flow of events on the conf day. Talk Director handles the broadcast (editing screens, etc). Talk Meister introduces, handles Q&A, etc. Live call happens through Jitsi and the speaker, talk director and meister have to be connected all the time.
 * Akshay: How much do we want non-debian people to attend/view the events? Anupa/Raju: Previous debconf-es usually were offline and there were live streams. Participants were notified through IRC bot. Abraham: Debutsav had a debian track and free-software track which would attract non-debian people. We should use Mastodon, etc. Anupa: Micronews 10 minutes before every event - mirrored to Debian Mastodon.
 * Anupa: We should start reviewing talks beforehand and confirm schedule, even though we will only publish the schedule after finalizing
 * Mostly not expecting too many people watching live.
 * Website link typo in confirmation mail - did not affect a lot of people
 * Publicity team: Trying to get more languages.
 * Web: Wafer source changes are difficult. Markdown editing is possible.
 * Swags: T-shirts - Fill the form, please provide address and phone number
 * Most talks are in English
  * Can we get DDs from India to do a BoF?
  * Can we get a talk about local communities?
  * Can everyone in volunteers team submit a talk each?
  * "How does debian manage its governance?"
  * Talk about sharing experiences doing Artwork using Free Software for Debian by Abraham Raji

 * Budget: How to?

== Action items ==
 * Should include mastodon link to follow conference on the conference website
 * Add link to archives of previous talks on the submit proposal page
 * Utkarsh: More announcements in debian mailing lists
 * Anupa: To ask Nattie about budget

Line 22: Line 53:
[[http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-video/2021/debconf-video.2021-01-05-14.58.html|Meeting Minutes]]

10-01-2021, 7:00 PM IST
'''''Venue:''''' https://jitsi.debian.social/MiniDebConfOnlineIndiaTeam

Organizing team meeting for MiniDebConf Online India 2021

Information

Date: 03 Jan 2021

Time: 7:00 PM IST

Venue: https://jitsi.debian.social/MiniDebConfOnlineIndiaTeam

Agenda

  1. Updates from teams.
  2. Discuss about Talk proposals.
  3. Discuss about budget.
  4. AOB

Attendees

  • Akshay, Raju, Abraham, Suman, Ravi, Harish, Ashutosh, Kannan, Anupa, Utkarsh, Akhil, Praveen.

Updates from teams:

General questions:

  • Flow of events on the conf day. Talk Director handles the broadcast (editing screens, etc). Talk Meister introduces, handles Q&A, etc. Live call happens through Jitsi and the speaker, talk director and meister have to be connected all the time.

  • Akshay: How much do we want non-debian people to attend/view the events? Anupa/Raju: Previous debconf-es usually were offline and there were live streams. Participants were notified through IRC bot. Abraham: Debutsav had a debian track and free-software track which would attract non-debian people. We should use Mastodon, etc. Anupa: Micronews 10 minutes before every event - mirrored to Debian Mastodon.
  • Anupa: We should start reviewing talks beforehand and confirm schedule, even though we will only publish the schedule after finalizing
  • Mostly not expecting too many people watching live.
  • Website link typo in confirmation mail - did not affect a lot of people
  • Publicity team: Trying to get more languages.
  • Web: Wafer source changes are difficult. Markdown editing is possible.
  • Swags: T-shirts - Fill the form, please provide address and phone number
  • Most talks are in English
    • Can we get DDs from India to do a BoF?
    • Can we get a talk about local communities?
    • Can everyone in volunteers team submit a talk each?
    • "How does debian manage its governance?"
    • Talk about sharing experiences doing Artwork using Free Software for Debian by Abraham Raji
  • Budget: How to?

Action items

  • Should include mastodon link to follow conference on the conference website
  • Add link to archives of previous talks on the submit proposal page
  • Utkarsh: More announcements in debian mailing lists
  • Anupa: To ask Nattie about budget

Next Meeting

Meeting Minutes

10-01-2021, 7:00 PM IST Venue: https://jitsi.debian.social/MiniDebConfOnlineIndiaTeam