== IRC logs of the Disucssion meetings

1. Discussing the Agenda for ?MiniDebconf2011 (Pune). (abdulkarim, 15:33:20) 2. Discussing the Agenda for ?MiniDebconf2011 (Pune). (abdulkarim, 15:55:00)

  1. http://bugs.debian.org/wnpp (shirish, 16:06:30)

  2. Introductions Round (abdulkarim, 16:07:04)
  3. Day one (abdulkarim, 16:13:02)
  4. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=pkg-games- devel@lists.alioth.debian.org (shirish, 16:17:32)

  5. ACTION: shirish makes introduction of debian - who started it, timeline of debian, customers/people who are using it and what is being cooked for the future a.k.a. wheezy release, who makes debian and an appeal to get involved, roughly 10-15 slides (shirish, 16:33:20)
  6. http://about.me/thehrushi (?TheHrushi, 16:34:59)

  7. http://wiki.debian.org/DebianIndia/MiniDebConf2011/CountMeIn (shirish, 16:49:25)

  8. ACTION: ?TheHrushi and shravan will be making a short Intro to Debian video (abdulkarim, 16:49:52)

  9. ACTION: followed by the video,shirish would be giving a talk on "Intro to Debian" (abdulkarim, 16:51:06)
  1. ACTION: axeman and prathamesh will be taking care of lunch (abdulkarim, 17:01:57)
  2. ACTION: shirish takes talk about Debian on desktop. Entails discussion on what's missing currently in the Debian archive, also give links about community (forums, mailing lists and IRC), talk about SIG's (shirish, 17:18:12)
  3. ACTION: add state of GNU/Linux on the desktop, problems people face while migrating to Debian/GNU/Linux, driver issues, codecs, installing software not in repo, games to the 'Debian to Desktop' talk/presentation. (shirish, 17:20:45)
  4. ACTION: the previous one was for a discussion to be taken after lunch. (shirish, 17:23:55)
  5. ACTION: sana and shirish will jointly put up 'introduction to debian' (shirish, 17:37:57)
  6. ACTION: prathamesh or abdulkarim_mobil to update wiki and mailing list of today's highlights (j4v4m4n, 18:15:48)
  7. ACTION: separate GNU/Linux beginner session on second day, some lab. (shirish, 18:23:11)
  8. ACTION: beginners class 'Debian packaging for GNU/Linux newbies' (shirish, 18:26:54)
  9. ACTION: newbies class till 17:00 hrs day 2 , may spill over to day 3. (shirish, 18:27:30)
  10. ACTION: day 1 13-08-11: time-table 10-11 registration/introduction to Debian 12-13 talk by vikram 13-14 lunch 14-15 discussion on 'Debian on Desktop' 15-16 Pravin's talk 'Developers introduction to debian -Tools and processes ' Pt 1 16 - 16:15 Tea break 16:15 - 17:15 'Developers introduction to Debian -Tools and processes' - Part 2. (shirish, 18:40:36)
  11. ACTION: day 1 13-08-11 update : discussion on GNU/Linux on Desktop (not specific to debian) , issues like drivers, codecs which are common to all GNU/Linux distributions. (shirish, 18:42:46)
  12. ACTION: VIT folks to mirror mozilla.debian.net repo for the session. (shirish, 18:47:40)
  13. http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/vit-lug/ (j4v4m4n, 18:53:19)

  14. http://valu.onlinegroups.net/ (prathamesh, 18:56:10)

  15. ACTION: #diaspune to get a desk near the hall (j4v4m4n, 19:00:04)
  16. ACTION: ask people to join VIT-LUG at http://valu.onlinegroups.net/ (shirish, 19:01:39)

  17. ACTION: update ask people to join VALU at http://valu.onlinegroups.net/ (shirish, 19:03:17)

  18. ACTION: 14-08-11 packaging session for beginners and advanced, separate labs , learn packaging. ' (shirish, 19:08:52)
  19. ACTION: 15-08-11 : package some software which is not in Debian Universe. (shirish, 19:09:24)
  20. ACTION: packages considered for packaging not yet in Debian -diaspora, gitorious with its associated dependencies. (shirish, 19:11:22)
  21. ACTION: make sure shirish don't get to eat any sweets (j4v4m4n, 19:15:24)
  22. ACTION: hightlight package for chocolate deal in website! (j4v4m4n, 19:17:26)
  23. ACTION: "do you miss any software in debian? do you want to see it packaged? come with a box of chocolates and see if anyone would help you". (shirish, 19:17:55)

Meeting ended at 19:24:50 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. shirish makes introduction of debian - who started it, timeline of debian, customers/people who are using it and what is being cooked for the future a.k.a. wheezy release, who makes debian and an appeal to get involved, roughly 10-15 slides
  2. ?TheHrushi and shravan will be making a short Intro to Debian video

  3. followed by the video,shirish would be giving a talk on "Intro to Debian"
  4. axeman and prathamesh will be taking care of lunch
  5. shirish takes talk about Debian on desktop. Entails discussion on what's missing currently in the Debian archive, also give links about community (forums, mailing lists and IRC), talk about SIG's
  6. add state of GNU/Linux on the desktop, problems people face while migrating to Debian/GNU/Linux, driver issues, codecs, installing software not in repo, games to the 'Debian to Desktop' talk/presentation.
  7. the previous one was for a discussion to be taken after lunch.
  8. sana and shirish will jointly put up 'introduction to debian'
  9. prathamesh or abdulkarim_mobil to update wiki and mailing list of today's highlights
  1. separate GNU/Linux beginner session on second day, some lab.
  2. beginners class 'Debian packaging for GNU/Linux newbies'
  3. newbies class till 17:00 hrs day 2 , may spill over to day 3.
  4. day 1 13-08-11: time-table 10-11 registration/introduction to Debian 12-13 talk by vikram 13-14 lunch 14-15 discussion on 'Debian on Desktop' 15-16 Pravin's talk 'Developers introduction to debian -Tools and processes ' Pt 1 16 - 16:15 Tea break 16:15 - 17:15 'Developers introduction to Debian -Tools and processes' - Part 2.
  5. day 1 13-08-11 update : discussion on GNU/Linux on Desktop (not specific to debian) , issues like drivers, codecs which are common to all GNU/Linux distributions.
  6. VIT folks to mirror mozilla.debian.net repo for the session.
  7. #diaspune to get a desk near the hall
  8. ask people to join VIT-LUG at http://valu.onlinegroups.net/

  9. update ask people to join VALU at http://valu.onlinegroups.net/

  10. 14-08-11 packaging session for beginners and advanced, separate labs , learn packaging. '
  11. 15-08-11 : package some software which is not in Debian Universe.
  12. packages considered for packaging not yet in Debian -diaspora, gitorious with its associated dependencies.
  13. make sure shirish don't get to eat any sweets
  14. hightlight package for chocolate deal in website!
  15. "do you miss any software in debian? do you want to see it packaged? come with a box of chocolates and see if anyone would help you".

Action items, by person

  1. abdulkarim
    1. prathamesh or abdulkarim_mobil to update wiki and mailing list of today's highlights
  2. abdulkarim_mobil
    1. prathamesh or abdulkarim_mobil to update wiki and mailing list of today's highlights
  3. axeman
    1. axeman and prathamesh will be taking care of lunch
  4. prathamesh
    1. axeman and prathamesh will be taking care of lunch
    2. prathamesh or abdulkarim_mobil to update wiki and mailing list of today's highlights
  5. sana
    1. sana and shirish will jointly put up 'introduction to debian'
  6. shirish
    1. shirish makes introduction of debian - who started it, timeline of debian, customers/people who are using it and what is being cooked for the future a.k.a. wheezy release, who makes debian and an appeal to get involved, roughly 10-15 slides
    2. followed by the video,shirish would be giving a talk on "Intro to Debian"
    3. shirish takes talk about Debian on desktop. Entails discussion on what's missing currently in the Debian archive, also give links about community (forums, mailing lists and IRC), talk about SIG's
    4. sana and shirish will jointly put up 'introduction to debian'
    5. make sure shirish don't get to eat any sweets
  7. ?TheHrushi

    1. ?TheHrushi and shravan will be making a short Intro to Debian video

  8. UNASSIGNED
    1. add state of GNU/Linux on the desktop, problems people face while migrating to Debian/GNU/Linux, driver issues, codecs, installing software not in repo, games to the 'Debian to Desktop' talk/presentation.
    2. the previous one was for a discussion to be taken after lunch.
    3. separate GNU/Linux beginner session on second day, some lab.
    4. beginners class 'Debian packaging for GNU/Linux newbies'
    5. newbies class till 17:00 hrs day 2 , may spill over to day 3.
    6. day 1 13-08-11: time-table 10-11 registration/introduction to Debian 12-13 talk by vikram 13-14 lunch 14-15 discussion on 'Debian on Desktop' 15-16 Pravin's talk 'Developers introduction to debian -Tools and processes ' Pt 1 16 - 16:15 Tea break 16:15 - 17:15 'Developers introduction to Debian -Tools and processes' - Part 2.
    7. day 1 13-08-11 update : discussion on GNU/Linux on Desktop (not specific to debian) , issues like drivers, codecs which are common to all GNU/Linux distributions.
    8. VIT folks to mirror mozilla.debian.net repo for the session.
    9. #diaspune to get a desk near the hall
    1. ask people to join VIT-LUG at http://valu.onlinegroups.net/

    2. update ask people to join VALU at http://valu.onlinegroups.net/

    3. 14-08-11 packaging session for beginners and advanced, separate labs , learn packaging. '
    4. 15-08-11 : package some software which is not in Debian Universe.
    5. packages considered for packaging not yet in Debian -diaspora, gitorious with its associated dependencies.
    6. hightlight package for chocolate deal in website!
    7. "do you miss any software in debian? do you want to see it packaged? come with a box of chocolates and see if anyone would help you".

People present (lines said)

  1. j4v4m4n (373)
  2. shirish (237)
  3. abdulkarim_mobil (71)
  4. prathamesh (61)
  5. abdulkarim (48)
  6. axeman (39)
  7. kart_ (23)
  8. ?TheHrushi (18)

  9. sana (11)
  1. MeetBot (7)

  2. shilpi (3)
  3. vasudev (3)
  4. bubulle (2)
  5. darst (2)
  6. muneeb (1)
  7. shweta (1)