MiniDebConf 2011 Pune, India
- Vishwakarma Institute of Technology is a reputed Engg college in Pune.
- Conference date: @13th, 14th, 15th August 2011@
Organisers: ?VALU (VIT Active Linux Users), CoFSUG (COEP Free Software Users Group)
- Target Audience: Students/individuals interested in learning/contributing to Debian.
- Looking for contributors: yes
- Please carry your laptops if possible.
How do I reach VIT?
Vishwakarma Institute of Technology,
666 Upper Indira Nagar,
From Swargate Depot 15 minutes travel, a bus for VIT(23,13,12,22,71) leaves Swargate depot every 5 minutes.
From Pune Station 40 minutes travel, a bus for VIT (140, 141, 65,23) leaves pune station every 20 minutes.
Is Laptop Necessary?
We have over 100 full-fledged systems setups in our labs for the lab session but it is highly recommended that delegates bring their own laptops.
I don't have Debian Installed on my laptop!
No problem, we can :
- Help you get Debian Installed on your laptop
Provide you with a minimal Debian VirtualBox image.
How can i contribute?
I have never used Debian/Linux, How can I contribute?
- No problems, the sessions will conducted bearing the fact in mind that the major crowd will be students / novice computer users.
- We will start all the way from "Introduction to Debian" and end with building a "Debian package".
- All the aspects of packaging will be discussed and explained with the help of Live demos.
We will also have a special Q&A session / discussion on Debian, which would help most of us get our doubts cleared.
Everyone has to begin someday, somewhere
Is there anything planned for lunch?
As this is self sponsored event, ?VALU won't be taking care of Lunch for delegates. College canteen will be available on first day. Also, there are few restaurants nearby within walking distance from VIT. The list is as follows
There are few Hotels which are in the range of 3-4 km from the college and one can get public transport to reach.
The hotel charges will be in the range of Rs 500 to Rs 1500 for 24 hrs.
Following are the few hotels which are near from the college
1. Hotel Nityanand
Address:-S.No.30,opp.Visveshwar Bank,Pune-Satara Rd. Dhankawadi,Pune-43
2. Hotel Lokesh
Address:-S.No.47,Aranyeshwar Corner,near City Pride Multiplex, Pune-Satara Rd,Pune-09
3. Hotel Rajdoot
Address:-near Adinath Society,Pune-Satara Rd, Pune-37.
If you are willing to attend the Conference, please take care of the following
- Carry a valid Photo Identity (Driving License, College ID card, etc )
Create your GPG and carry the printouts of your key fingerprint. (you may have to provide the key to all others present during the key signing party.)
If you are bringing your own/friends laptop PLEASE mention it on the Registration page.