|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
|* Qgis needs attention and better quality. Upstream has a debian/ tree but it needs work.|
|Line 18:||Line 17:|
|* openev (maybe obsolete?)|
|Line 27:||Line 25:|
|* qgis (RubenMolina)||* orfeo-toolbox (FrancescoLovergine)|
A task list for DebianGis
[Please, remove task when done, add your name if you take a task]
Packages that need updates
- batik needs updating to 1.7 (still beta)
- buoy needs updating to 1.8
- geoip needs updating to 1.4.1
- libterralib needs updating to 3.1.4 (3.2rc1 is out)
- openjump needs updating to 1.2 (still beta)
- gpstrans needs attention, probably orphaned upstream.
Packages in the svn repo but still not in main (they need revision)
- marble (needs update to 0.7)
Packages currently in progress
Live CD stuff
See the DebianGis/LiveImages wiki page
- Add and fix the menu and freedesktop.org files in debian-gis packages
- Artwork and branding (grub boot, desktop splash, desktop wallpaper) - competition on debianart.org
- Some kind of intro document that is auto-loaded into a webbrowser on startup
- Provide free data sets as shape files and loaded into postgis database.
Long term goals
- Quality Assurance:
- Implementing a piupart-based thingy to periodically check installation status of all interested packages
Things to add to the status script: RC counters et al, see DebianGis/EdiMeetingMinutes
DebianGis Backports: mantaining an up-to-date backported toolchain (gdal+grass+qgis+postgis+mapserver at least) for stable
- Java related tools: Java has become a primary tool language for GIS serious application. We miss many of them and Java is moving to main.
Perl GIS modules: CPAN maintains a large collection of GIS related modules that we have not in the archive.
- GRASS add-ons: contributed modules for GRASS.
Adding most of R spatial packages