RubenMolina is working on the QuantumGIS package
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 18:||Line 18:|
| * openev
| * openev (maybe obsolete?)
* marble (needs update to 0.7)
|Line 24:||Line 25:|
| * josm
* gpsdrive (Andreas Putzo)
|Line 32:||Line 30:|
|* See the [[DebianGis/LiveImages]] wiki page|
|Line 42:||Line 40:|
|* Things to add to the status script: RC counters et al, see ["DebianGis/EdiMeetingMinutes"]||* Things to add to the status script: RC counters et al, see [[DebianGis/EdiMeetingMinutes]]|
|Line 48:||Line 46:|
|* Perl GIS modules: CPAN maintains a [http://search.cpan.org/search?query=Geo%3A%3A&mode=module large collection] of GIS related modules that we have not in the archive.||* Perl GIS modules: CPAN maintains a [[http://search.cpan.org/search?query=Geo%3A%3A&mode=module|large collection]] of GIS related modules that we have not in the archive.|
A task list for DebianGis
[Please, remove task when done, add your name if you take a task]
Packages that need updates
- Qgis needs attention and better quality. Upstream has a debian/ tree but it needs work.
- batik needs updating to 1.7 (still beta)
- buoy needs updating to 1.8
- geoip needs updating to 1.4.1
- libterralib needs updating to 3.1.4 (3.2rc1 is out)
- openjump needs updating to 1.2 (still beta)
- gpstrans needs attention, probably orphaned upstream.
Packages in the svn repo but still not in main (they need revision)
- openev (maybe obsolete?)
- marble (needs update to 0.7)
Packages currently in progress
Live CD stuff
See the DebianGis/LiveImages wiki page
- Add and fix the menu and freedesktop.org files in debian-gis packages
- Artwork and branding (grub boot, desktop splash, desktop wallpaper) - competition on debianart.org
- Some kind of intro document that is auto-loaded into a webbrowser on startup
- Provide free data sets as shape files and loaded into postgis database.
Long term goals
- Quality Assurance:
- Implementing a piupart-based thingy to periodically check installation status of all interested packages
Things to add to the status script: RC counters et al, see DebianGis/EdiMeetingMinutes
DebianGis Backports: mantaining an up-to-date backported toolchain (gdal+grass+qgis+postgis+mapserver at least) for stable
- Java related tools: Java has become a primary tool language for GIS serious application. We miss many of them and Java is moving to main.
Perl GIS modules: CPAN maintains a large collection of GIS related modules that we have not in the archive.
- GRASS add-ons: contributed modules for GRASS.