The information on this page is no longer updated.
One of the most relevant transition for squeeze is related to the HDF5 library. Upstream 1.6 branch is now dropped in favor of 1.8. HDF group had not a past history of friendliness towards packagers needs. The 1.8.x branch has still a series of open issues ATM.
Relevant list threads:
- Multiple flavors with different library (S0)names, but conflicting -dev packages.
- MPI support still open.
- Removing thread-safety against C++/Fortran bindings limitations and leave users to their dooms.
- Fixing/verifying multi-threading?
- Removed limitation in mixing thread-safe option and multiple bindings. Added a note in the README file to warn users against use of C++/Fortran bindings within multi-threading programs.
- Still conflicting -dev packages.