Link to Reddit threads
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 53:||Line 53:|
|* Invite Burning Knight author to talk about [[https://www.gamingonlinux.com/2020/10/fast-paced-action-roguelike-burning-knight-goes-fully-open-source|freeing the game]]|
|Line 73:||Line 74:|
|* 2020-10-08: [[https://ubuntupodcast.org/2020/10/08/s13e29-penny-for-a-sharp-gift/|show notes]]|
Content: nattie, PaulWaring, acute, highvoltage ...TBA
Video: Likely DebConf Video team, ...TBA
- Beer: urbec
MDCO#1 was highly experimental, bare bones and on a very short timeline. As such, we avoided sponsors because there was some risk involved. For MDCO#2, we don't strictly need sponsors but it might be nice to have them. This would need someone to co-ordinate it, so if you'd like to be part of (or the) sponsors team, step up or it won't happen
- Email request sent 2020-07-18
Invite the gamemode authors to give a talk, might have lots of interesting perfomance insights that are interesting for non-gamers as well: https://github.com/FeralInteractive/gamemode [tasked to highvoltage]
- Sent an email info@feral on 2020-09-02
Invite 0AD to give a talk (they were at FOSDEM this year and seem nice), they have formed a non-profit project and are also with SPI, might have some interesting insights in to funding a free software game: https://play0ad.com/
Stanislas Dolcini has agreed, they are credited for 3D Art, Map Making, Programming [tasked to: PhilMorrell]
- Email request sent 2020-07-28
- Invite some of our upstreams to talk: krita, blender, inkscape (which hit v1.0.0 this year!), pygame, ...
- highvoltage sent an email to blender foundation on 2020-09-02
highvoltage asked on Twitter on 2020-09-08
- TODO: highvoltage will send to krita
- TODO: highvoltage will send to pygame
Invite author of Godello for a talk, https://github.com/alfredbaudisch/Godello [tasked to: highvoltage (asked him on twitter)]
Godello is in
- Invite Michalis Kamburelis, he is the author of Castle Game Engine
Proactively contacted PaulWaring on 2020-09-08
- Agreed talk title: 'Castle Game Engine 7.0 - overview of a cross-platform engine using modern Object Pascal, and upcoming big features' or 'Castle Game Engine - overview and upcoming features'
Not yet tasked
- Game library managers such as gnome-games, gamehub, lutris, athenaeum
Recent gnome-games blog entry: GSoC final submission,
- Libraries/technologies like proton/wine/dxvk
- Some notable recent upstream releases:
- Supertuxkart 1.0
- Minetest 5.0
Hedgewars 1.0 [?tasked to: PhilMorrell?]
Debian specific tools like game-data-packager, ./play.it
- A talk about Debian games team, who they are and what they do and how to get involved.
Pollo says also https://packages.debian.org/sid/openmw
Maybe look in to https://orama-interactive.itch.io/pixelorama
Invite Burning Knight author to talk about freeing the game
Invite someone from GamingOnLinux
Invite someone from LibreGames
Invite folks from the Fedora games group (and other distros?)
Invite someone from Relativity (open source/open hardware VR headset)
Debian Games bug day during DebCamp? Have a day where we pay some attention to bugs in game packages in debian.
- Have a schedule for minidebcamp, we can watch some previous related videos, or use this to demo games. Suggest having it sparsely populated to leave time for hacking / talking / playing games that were demoed / fixing bugs in games / etc.
"L"AN party in the camp/conf "evenings" mostly polled/scheduled in advance to give time for players to sort out installation/setup hosting. [?tasked to: PhilMorrell?]
Places to promote
Places to send the CfP to once it is ready, and to publicise in general.
Not yet tasked:
- Twitter - which accounts?
- Debian mailing lists - which ones are relevant?
Useful info for speakers
Maybe add this to main page?
- Have run this event online before (track record)
- Have our own Jitsi instance (reliable)
- 200-300 "attendees"
- Videos recorded and available afterwards