|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 79:||Line 79:|
| * highvoltage sent Antoine an email on 2020-10-18. Antoine can't speak, but will
check with mopi if they can.
|* highvoltage sent Antoine an email on 2020-10-18. Antoine can't speak, but will check with mopi if they can.|
- General: nattie, pwaring, tumbleweed, paddatrapper, highvoltage
Content: nattie, PaulWaring, acute, highvoltage
Video: DebConf Video team
MDCO#1 was highly experimental, bare bones and on a very short timeline. As such, we avoided sponsors because there was some risk involved. For MDCO#2, we don't strictly need sponsors but it might be nice to have them. This would need someone to co-ordinate it, so if you'd like to be part of (or the) sponsors team, step up or it won't happen
?AngelOnFira - "Community Game Development in Rust: A Biopsy"
- lynxlynxlynx - "GemRB: 20 years of the engine and a look forward"
- nick - "Notcurses: Making terminals do things that were never intended"
- dulsi - "Open Source Game Achievements"
- kleinkravis - "Running Windows games on Linux. A crash course"
- uso - "YIRL engine presentation"
wallbraker - "FOSS Virtual & Augmented Reality"
- stephanlachnit - "Overview of Gaming utilities in Debian"
thestr4ng3r - "Chiaki - bringing ?PlayStation 4 Remote Play to Linux"
- Alfred - "Godello: App development in Godot"
- Stanislas - 0AD
- openmw - johnnyhostile from #openmw will try to wrangle up a speaker
- lightning talks
- emorrp1 - new game releases
Confirmed, not yet registered:
- Michalis - 'Castle Game Engine 7.0 - overview of a cross-platform engine using modern Object Pascal, and upcoming big features' or 'Castle Game Engine - overview and upcoming features'
- orama - pixelorama + games
Tasked (still todo):
Hedgewars 1.0 [tasked to: PhilMorrell]
Talk invites, tasked (in progress):
- Email request sent 2020-07-18
- Tweeted now that CfP is ready 2020-10-19
Invite the gamemode authors to give a talk, might have lots of interesting perfomance insights that are interesting for non-gamers as well: https://github.com/FeralInteractive/gamemode [tasked to highvoltage]
- Sent an email info@feral on 2020-09-02 - this will now be covered by stephanlachnit's talk
Invite 0AD to give a talk (they were at FOSDEM this year and seem nice), they have formed a non-profit project and are also with SPI, might have some interesting insights in to funding a free software game: https://play0ad.com/
Stanislas Dolcini has agreed, they are credited for 3D Art, Map Making, Programming [tasked to: PhilMorrell]
- Email request sent 2020-07-28
- Invite some of our upstreams to talk: krita, blender, inkscape (which hit v1.0.0 this year!), pygame, ...
- highvoltage sent an email to blender foundation on 2020-09-02
highvoltage asked on Twitter on 2020-09-08
- Invite Michalis Kamburelis, he is the author of Castle Game Engine
Proactively contacted PaulWaring on 2020-09-08
- Agreed talk title: 'Castle Game Engine 7.0 - overview of a cross-platform engine using modern Object Pascal, and upcoming big features' or 'Castle Game Engine - overview and upcoming features'
- Invite notcurses [tasked to highvoltage]
- highvoltage sent the author an email on 2020-10-13 - talk is now registered.
- highvoltage couldn't find any real contact details, but asked on their IRC channel on 2020-10-13
- Libraries/technologies like proton/wine/dxvk
- highvoltage has asked smcv on irc if he knows anyone who could talk about this
- Minetest 5.0 [tasked to highvoltage]
- highvoltage reached out on #minetest-dev on freenode on 2020-10-14
- Invite krita [tasked to highvoltage]
- highvoltage reached out on #krita on freenode on 2020-10-14
- Game library managers such as gnome-games
highvoltage reached out to adwait who worked on it for GSoC on 2020-10-14
Invite someone from Relativity (open source/open hardware VR headset)
- highvoltage invited max on 2020-10-14, max is keen
Pollo says also https://packages.debian.org/sid/openmw
- highvoltage poked them on #openmw on freenode on 2020-10-18
- highvoltage sent Antoine an email on 2020-10-18. Antoine can't speak, but will check with mopi if they can.
invite Guus Sliepen to present their 2016 talk about DFSG, source code/data and games
- pabs asked if they have considered presenting on IRC on 2020-10-25.
Talk tasks (concluded):
- highvoltage sent an email on 2020-10-19, florian is in.
- highvoltage sent Jaka an email on 2020-10-18 - they are in! has submitted a talk to the site
- highvoltage emailed jason on 2020-10-14 - Jason unfortunately won't have the time this time around
Invite https://orama-interactive.itch.io/pixelorama [tasked to highvoltage]
- highvoltage sent them an email on 2020-10-13
Invite someone from LibreGames
- highvoltage poked them on #libregames on freenode on 2020-10-18, not sure how active the project still is, I think I'm leaving this at that.
Invite author of Godello for a talk, https://github.com/alfredbaudisch/Godello [tasked to: highvoltage (asked him on twitter)]
Godello is in, needs to register talk
- Poked Alfred to register on the site one 2020-10-19
All the above basically covered by ?StephanLachnit's talk proposal
Not yet tasked
- Some notable recent upstream releases:
- Supertuxkart 1.0
- Debian specific tools like game-data-packager,
- mostly smcv working on this, although I think if he talks about wine that might be more interesting (time is tight but maybe this talk might easier if time doesn't work out for the wine talk)
- A talk about Debian games team, who they are and what they do and how to get involved.
- Looks interesting but mostly Windows games? --highvoltage
Lots of their games are in Debian, mu-cade for eg --PaulWise
Invite Burning Knight author to talk about freeing the game
Invite someone from GamingOnLinux
Invite folks from the Fedora games group (and other distros?)
- Invite pygame
Debian Games bug day during DebCamp? Have a day where we pay some attention to bugs in game packages in debian.
- Have a schedule for minidebcamp, we can watch some previous related videos, or use this to demo games. Suggest having it sparsely populated to leave time for hacking / talking / playing games that were demoed / fixing bugs in games / etc.
"L"AN party in the camp/conf "evenings" mostly polled/scheduled in advance to give time for players to sort out installation/setup hosting. [?tasked to: PhilMorrell?]
Places to promote
Places to send the CfP to once it is ready, and to publicise in general.
Not yet tasked:
- Twitter - which accounts? - Debian press team has accounts and can publish what you give them.
- Debian mailing lists - which ones are relevant?
Useful info for speakers
Maybe add this to main page?
- Have run this event online before (track record)
- Have our own Jitsi instance (reliable)
- 200-300 "attendees"
- Videos recorded and available afterwards