MDCO#1 was highly experimental, bare bones and on a very short timeline. As such, we avoided sponsors because there was some risk involved. For MDCO#2, we don't strictly need sponsors but it might be nice to have them. This would need someone to co-ordinate it, so if you'd like to be part of (or the) sponsors team, step up or it won't happen
- Email request sent 18/07/2020
- Invite Michalis Kamburelis, he is the author of Castle Game Engine
Invite the gamemode authors to give a talk, might have lots of interesting perfomance insights that are interesting for non-gamers as well: https://github.com/FeralInteractive/gamemode
Invite 0AD to give a talk (they were at FOSDEM this year and seem nice), they have formed a non-profit project and are also with SPI, might have some interesting insights in to funding a free software game: https://play0ad.com/
Stanislas Dolcini has agreed, they are credited for 3D Art, Map Making, Programming [tasked to: PhilMorrell]
- Email request sent 28/07/2020
- Invite some of our upstreams to talk: krita, blender, inkscape (which hit v1.0.0 this year!), pygame, ...
- Game library managers such as gnome-games, gamehub, lutris, athenaeum
- Libraries/technologies like proton/wine/dxvk
Some notable recent upstream releases: Supertuxkart 1.0, Minetest 5.0, Hedgewars 1.0 [?tasked to: PhilMorrell?]
- Debian specific tools like game-data-packager, play.it
- A talk about Debian games team, who they are and what they do and how to get involved.
Invite author of Godello for a talk, https://github.com/alfredbaudisch/Godello [tasked to: highvoltage (asked him on twitter)]
Godello is in
Debian Games bug day during DebCamp? Have a day where we pay some attention to bugs in game packages in debian.
- Have a schedule for minidebcamp, we can watch some previous related videos, or use this to demo games. Suggest having it sparsely populated to leave time for hacking / talking / playing games that were demoed / fixing bugs in games / etc.
"L"AN party in the camp/conf "evenings" mostly polled/scheduled in advance to give time for players to sort out installation/setup hosting. [?tasked to: PhilMorrell?]
Useful info for speakers
Maybe add this to main page?
- Have run this event online before (track record)
- Have our own Jitsi instance (reliable)
- 200-300 "attendees"
- Videos recorded and available afterwards