work in progress
this is work in progress
- work in progress
- Dates and format of the event
- Call for papers
- Sponsors wanted
- Standup meetings at 15:00 on Monday to Friday
- Video coverage
- Remote participation
- Contact / Organization
Dates and format of the event
- Monday May 23 2022 until Monday May 30 2022.
Debian people meet again in Hamburg. Probably we will just be hacking from Monday to Friday, and have talks on Saturday and Sunday.
Call for papers
Making a Mini DebConf happen costs money, we need to rent the venue, video gear, hopefully can pay hard working volunteers lunch and dinner and maybe also sponsor some travel. So we really appreciate companies willing to support this meeting!
Please contact email@example.com if you want to sponsor this event.
Plus, there's corporate registration as an option too, where we will charge you 250€ for the registration. Please contact us if you are interested in that!
Standup meetings at 15:00 on Monday to Friday
On Mondayto Friday there will be a standup meetings at 15:00, lasting max. 30 minutes, in the Hacklab. Its purpose is to make short announcements of the day but mostly to tell the other participants what people are working on individually or as a team / in a sprint. This make it possible to join others, find helpers, and in general get to know what's going on.
(We can probably get equipment from the venue if we ask soon enough.)
For remote participation you can use IRC on irc.oftc.net by joining the channel
Contact / Organization
IRC: #debconf-hamburg on irc.debian.org
- This wiki page
Registration is required so we can plan and prepare properly.
While the old entrance at Bodenstedtstr. 16 (Hinterhof Eingang West), 22765 Hamburg (OpenStreetmap waypoint), still works, it's much better to use the new entrance on the corner of Bodenstedtstraße and Zeiseweg, AKA the new main front entrance to Fox. The Cantina, where we'll have lunch and dinner is located just on the left after you entered the building through that main entrance, and the Dock Europe seminar rooms are located in the 2nd floor on the left (west) side of the building.
The event will be hosted in the former Victoria Kaserne, now called Fux (or Frappant), which is a collective art space located in a historical monument. It is located between S-Altona and S-Holstenstraße, so there is a direct subway connection to/from the Hamburg Airport (HAM) and Altona is also a long distance train station.
Airport: Getting to and from the airport
- tl;dr: just take the direct S-Bahn from the airport to Altona.
There's a Gigabit-Fiber uplink connection and wireless coverage (almost) everywhere in the venue and in the outside areas. (And then, we can also fix locations without wireless coverage.)
Within the venue, there are three main areas we will use, plus the garden and corridors:
dock europe is a meeting space within the venue which offers three rooms which can be combined into one big one.
dock europe also provides accomodation for some us, see further below.
The CCCHH hackspace is currently still closed due to Covid19.
Just down two corridors in the same floor and building as dock europe there is the CCC Hamburg Hackspace which will be open for us on all five days and which can be used for "regular Debian hacking" or, if you find some nice CCCHH members to help you, you might also be able to use the lasercutter, 3d printer, regular printer and many other tools and devices. It's definitly also suitable for smaller ad-hoc workshops but beware, it will also somewhat be the noisy hacklab, as it will also be open to regular CCC folks when we are there.
fux und ganz
The Fux also has a cantina called "fux und ganz" which will serve us (and other visitors of the venue) with lunch and dinner. Please register to ease their planning as well!
Available rooms summary
- all 7 days:
Available beds on site
There is also limited on-site accomodation available, dock europe provides 34 beds in 10 double-rooms, 2 triple-rooms and 2 quad-rooms in the venue. The rooms are nice, small, clean, have a locker, wireless and are just one floor away from our main spaces. There's also a sufficient amount of showers and toilets and breakfast (for 5e per day) is available (for those 34 people) as well. The beds will be distributed on a first come, first serve base.
The price for a bed per night is 30€. Please note that there is an additional one-time fee of 6€ for linen and towels.
Please send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this offer.
other housing options
Meininger is near by
- Stadthaushotel in Holstenstrasse is near by as well
- the "ICE Hotel" or the "Hotel Central" in Präsident-Krahn-Straße is not far away neither
Youth hostel at Landungsbruecken, 3 subway stations away
- There should be sponsored food (=lunch and dinner) for pre-registered attendees. (There's a nice cantina on site, we just need to find ways not to DoS them… AIUI we should eat lunch from 13h30, not 12h00 when the cantina officially opens)
- in the on-site accomodation kitchen there's breakfast every day from 9 to 10, which you will need to pay by yourself.
Cantina will serve us food at these times:
- lunch: 1200-1430 (mon-fri)
- dinner: 1800-2142 (mon-thu)
no food on arrival day! (well, except you organize some
- no dinner on departure day!
This Debian Reunion is a perfect opportunity to host Debian sprints. We would welcome if teams assemble and work together on their projects. The following sprints will happen:
Reproducible Builds sprints - holger
* to be announced.
If you plan to attend the event you are welcome to help, just add yourself on the registration page and probably best to join #debconf-hamburg on OFTC and say so there.
- [ ] public announcement with cfp
- [x] start registration wikipage
- [ ] ask for help from publicity team
- [ ] ask videoteam for help?
- [ ] update logo for 2022
- [ ] send out call for sponsors
- [ ] approach prospective sponsors from our list
- [ ] print shirts
- [ ] check to debian event code of conduct and debian code of conduct
- [ ] form content team?
- [ ] form frontdesk team and location at the venue
- [ ] get budget approved by DPL
[ ] contact email@example.com (Debian.fr) for money handling
Possible tasks in future
These are not yet actionable, some might never be.
[ ] ask sponsors to pay to debian.fr - requires creating an RT ticket (see <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
- [ ] create+send invoices for corporate registrations
- [ ] buy badges (probably not needed, h01ger still has stuff from last year)
- [ ] print badges: name, food yes/no
- [ ] send bed/room usage plan (as spreadsheet) to D-E
- [ ] send addresses for invoices to D-E (for beds)
- [ ] inform cantina about expected numbers of people each day
- [ ] send tshirts to sponsors
To be improved (compared to 2019)
- bigger hacklab (2/3 hacklab, 1/3 talks? 3/3 hacklab and talks elsewhere)
- the font on the nametags was too small.