MiniDebCamp: June 5 to June 7, organized and unorganized hacking
MiniDebConf: June 8 to June 9, presentations and more hacking
Contact / Organization
IRC: #debconf-hamburg on irc.debian.org
- This wiki page
Sponsors supporting this event
Thanks a lot for making this MiniDebConf possible!
Bodenstedtstr. 16 (Hinterhof Eingang West), 22765 Hamburg (OpenStreetmap waypoint)
The event will be hosted in the former Victoria Kaserne, now called Fux (or Frappant), which is a collective art space located in a historical monument. It is located between S-Altona and S-Holstenstraße, so there is a direct subway connection to/from the Hamburg Airport (HAM) and Altona is also a long distance train station.
Airport: Getting to and from the airport
- tl;dr: just take the direct S-Bahn from the airport to Altona.
There's a Gigabit-Fiber uplink connection and wireless coverage (almost) everywhere in the venue and in the outside areas. (And then, we can also fix locations without wireless coverage.)
Within the venue, there are three main areas we will use, plus the garden and corridors:
dock europe is a meeting space within the venue which offers three rooms which can be combined into one big one. During the Mini-DebCamp from Wednesday to Friday we will probably use the rooms in the split configuration, while on Saturday and Sunday it will be one big room hosting presentations and such stuff. There are also two small rooms we can use as small hacklabs for 4-6 people.
dock europe also provides accomodation for some us, see further below.
Just down two corridors in the same floor and building as dock europe there is the CCC Hamburg Hackerspace which will be open for us on all five days and which can be used for "regular Debian hacking" or, if you find some nice CCCHH members to help you, you might also be able to use the lasercutter, 3d printer, regular printer and many other tools and devices. It's definitly also suitable for smaller ad-hoc workshops but beware, it will also somewhat be the noisy hacklab, as it will also be open to regular CCC folks when we are there.
fux und ganz
The Fux also has a cantina called "fux und ganz" which will serve us (and other visitors of the venue) with lunch and dinner. Please register to ease their planning as well!
Available rooms summary
- all 5 days:
- friday to sunday only:
- "besprechungszimmer" next to dock europe office
- kitchen-backroom next to dock europe (shared with regular users of the kitchen)
- another bigger hacklab in the catacombs
Available beds on site
There is also limited on-site accomodation available, dock europe provides 34 beds in 10 double-rooms, 2 tripple-rooms and 2 quad-rooms in the venue. The rooms are nice, small, clean, have a locker, wireless and are just one floor away from our main spaces. There's also a sufficient amount of showers and toilets and breakfast (for 5e per day) is available (for those 34 people) as well. The beds will be distributed from two buckets on a first come, first serve base:
- 22 beds for anyone, first come, first serve, costs 27e/night.
- 12 beds for video team, frontdesk desk, talk meisters, etc, also by first come, first served and somebody decides, whether you qualify indeed. Those also costs 27e/night.
Please note that there is an additional one-time fee of 6e for linen and towels.
other housing options
Meininger is near by
- Stadthaushotel in Holstenstrasse is close too
- the "ICE Hotel" or the "Hotel Central" in Präsident-Krahn-Straße are close as well
the Ghotel at corner Kaltenkirchener Platz / Stresemannstraße is also close http://www.ghotel.de/ suggest this hotel has closed
Youth hostel at Landungsbruecken, 3 subway stations away
- sponsored food for pre-registered attendees. (There's a nice cantina on site, we just need to find ways not to DoS them… AIUI we should eat lunch from 13h30, not 12h00 when the cantina officially opens)
- in the on-site accomodation kitchen there's breakfast every day from 9 to 10.
Cantina is happy to serve us & we will have a 1st meeting in January.
The miniDebcamp from Wednesday to Friday is a perfect opportunity to host Debian sprints. We would welcome if teams assemble and work together on their projects. The following sprints will happen:
For those in need of a visa invitation letter to get a visa, send a request to email@example.com. An invitation letter does not include travel cost reimbursement. If you can not cover the travel costs yourself, mail at the above mail address and we'll try our best to get it covered somehow.
Making a Mini DebConf happen costs money, we need to rent the venue, video gear, hopefully can pay hard working volunteers lunch and dinner and maybe also sponsor some travel. So we really appreciate companies willing to support this meeting!
We have three sponsor categories:
>1000€ = sponsor
- listed as such in all material
- can place up to a A3 poster of their company
- put A4 leaflets on a common table
- logo featured on the t-shirts
>2500€ = gold sponsor
- listed as such in all material
- can put up a roll-up of their company somewhere in the conference area
- logo featured prominently on the t-shirts
- logo featured in the videos
>5000€ = platinum sponsor
- listed as such prominently in all material
- can put up a roll-up of their company next to the speaker
- logo featured very prominently on the t-shirts
- logo featured prominently in the videos
Plus, there's corporate registration as an option too, where we will charge you 250€ for the registration. Please contact us if you are interested in that!
If you plan to attend the event you are welcome to help, just add a comment to yourself at Registration and probably best to join #debconf-hamburg on OFTC and say so there.
IRC meetings for planning
To plan the Mini-DebConf we have regular meetings on on IRC on irc.oftc.net in the channel
#debconf-hamburg (Matrix bridge)
Check the /topic to learn about the next meeting
- [x] public announcement!!1
- [x] start registration wikipage
- [x] ask for help from publicity team
- [x] ask videoteam for help
- [x] find date for 2nd IRC meeting and announce that
- [x] update logo for 2019
- [ ] print shirts by may 1st or may 10th
- [ ] put logos for existing sponsors on this page
- [ ] send out call for sponsors
- [x] make visa@ work or drop/reword that information
- [ ] make cost estimate
- [x] form content team
- [x] announcement/CfP on d-d-a
- [ ] approach prospective sponsors from our list
- [ ] form frontdesk team and location at the venue
[ ] contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Debian.fr) for money handling
- [ ] buy badges
- [ ] print badges: name, food yes/no
- [ ] may 8th: mail unconfirmed people asking whether they'll attend or not
- [ ] newbie sessions on wed/thu/fri?
- [ ] schedule webpage?
- [ ] infomail to attendees
- [ ] deal/announce cantina restraints: sunday lunch 12-1300 only, dinner unclear.
Debian event organisers are committed to providing an event where all participants feel safe. All attendees are expected to treat all people and facilities with respect and help create a welcoming environment. If you notice behaviour that fails to meet this standard, please speak up and help to keep this event as respectful as we expect it to be.
If you are harassed and requests to stop are not successful, or notice a disrespectful environment, the organisers want to help. Please contact us at email@example.com. We will treat your request with dignity and confidentiality, investigate, and take whatever actions appropriate. We can provide information on security, emergency services, transportation, alternative accommodations, or whatever else may be necessary. If mediation is not successful, organisers reserve the right to to take action against those who do not cease unacceptable behaviour.