Work in progress
This is work in progress and will probably only have real content in 2018
Kickstart meeting for planning
We will have the 1st orga meeting to plan preparing the Mini DebConf (which will take place from the May 16-20 2018) on IRC on irc.ofct.net in the channel
- #debconf-hamburg on Monday, November 27th 2017, at 19 UTC (=20 CET)
Announcement: Save the date
Location: Hamburg, Germany in the Frappant / Victoria Kaserne, which is collective art space located in a historical monument.
- located between S-Altona and S-Holstenstraße (direct subway connection to/from the airport, Altona is also an ICE train station)
- Gigabit-Fiber connection, wireless coverage everywhere in the venue
- Coordinator: h01ger, more wanted
Announcement: 1st IRC orga meeting
- all 5 days:
seminar rooms of Dock Europe - used as hacklab for the MiniDebCamp and for talks during the conference
- "besprechungszimmer" next to Dock Europe office - used as videoteam room (?)
- the big room with the blue roof - lots of space with seats and wireless
- another hacklab during Conf: we have two options, one is confirmed as an option, the other one probably too but we will only know for sure mid February 2018. Need to contact E. from Fraplab then again.
Available beds on site
- 36 - how to distribute them?
- sponsored food for pre-registred attendees? (There's a nice cantina on site, we just need to find ways not to DOS them… so one way is ordering a fixed amount of food.
Cantina is happy to serve us & we will have a 1st meeting in January.
If you plan to attend the event you are welcome to help, just add a comment to yourself in the table below (note: this table doesnt exist yet) and probably best to join #debconf-hamburg on OFTC and say so there.
- [x] find date for 1st IRC meeting and announce that
- [ ] create agenda for IRC meeting
- [ ] send meeting summary to d-events-eu@
- [ ] agree on levels of sponsorship
- [ ] send out call for sponsors before December 1st 2017, so companies can account for this in their 2018 budget
- [ ] add registration to this wikipage
- [ ] ask for help from publicity team
- [ ] ask videoteam for help
- [ ] make cost estimate
- [ ] form sponsors team
- [ ] form content team
- [ ] announcement/CfP on d-d-a
- [ ] find sponsors
- [ ] form frontdesk team and location at the venue
- [ ] logo
- [ ] tshirts
- [ ] use ffis eV for money handling?
(This list is not complete yet.)
Please add links to reports, blog posts, photos etc about the event here:
Some links links