MiniDebCamp: May 16 to May 18, organized and unorganized hacking
MiniDebConf: May 19 and May 20, presentations and more hacking
Please register before May 1st if you plan to attend!
Contact / Organization
IRC: #debconf-hamburg on irc.debian.org
- This wiki page
Talks wanted (CfP)
We have assembled a content team (consisting of Margarita Manterola, Michael Banck and Lee Garrett), who soon will publish an extra post for the CfP. Though you don't need to wait for that and can already send your proposals to
We will have talks on Saturday and Sunday, the exact slots are yet to be determined by the content team.
We expect submissions and talks to be held in English, as this is the working language in Debian and at this event.
The miniDebcamp from Wednesday to Friday is a perfect opportunity to host Debian sprints. We would welcome if teams assemble and work together on their projects.
The event will be hosted in the former Victoria Kaserne, now called Fux (or Frappant), which is a collective art space located in a historical monument. It is located between S-Altona and S-Holstenstraße, so there is a direct subway connection to/from the Hamburg Airport (HAM) and Altona is also a long distance train station.
There's a Gigabit-Fiber uplink connection and wireless coverage (almost) everywhere in the venue and in the outside areas. (And then, we can also fix locations without wireless coverage.)
Within the venue, there are three main areas we will use, plus the garden and corridors:
dock europe is a meeting space within the venue which offers three rooms which can be combined into one big one. During the Mini-DebCamp from Wednesday to Friday we will probably use the rooms in the split configuration, while on Saturday and Sunday it will be one big room hosting presentations and such stuff. There are also two small rooms we can use as small hacklabs for 4-6 people.
dock europe also provides accomodation for some us, see further below.
Just down two corridors in the same floor and building as dock europe there is the CCC Hamburg Hackerspace which will be open for us on all five days and which can be used for "regular Debian hacking" or, if you find some nice CCCHH members to help you, you might also be able to use the lasercutter, 3d printer, regular printer and many other tools and devices. It's definitly also suitable for smaller ad-hoc workshops but beware, it will also somewhat be the noisy hacklab, as it will also be open to regular CCC folks when we are there.
fux und ganz
The Fux also has a cantina called "fux und ganz" which will serve us (and other visitors of the venue) with lunch and dinner. Please register until May 1st to ease their planning as well!
Available rooms summary
- all 5 days:
- friday to sunday only:
- "besprechungszimmer" next to dock europe office
- kitchen-backroom next to dock europe
- another bigger hacklab in the catacombs
Available beds on site
There is also limited on-site accomodation available, dock europe provides 36 beds in 10 double-rooms, 2 tripple-rooms and 2 quad-rooms in the venue. The rooms are nice, small, clean, have a locker, wireless and are just one floor away from our main spaces. There's also a sufficient amount of showers and toilets and breakfast (for 5e per day) is available (for those 36 people) as well.
Thankfully nattie has agreed to be in charge of distributing these 36 beds, so please mail her if you want a bed. The beds will be distributed from two buckets on a first come, first serve base:
- 24 beds for anyone, first come, first serve, costs 27e/night.
- 12 beds for video team, frontdesk desk, talk meisters, etc, also by first come, first served and nattie decides, whether you qualify indeed. Those also costs 27e/night.
Please note that there is an additional one-time fee of 6e for linen and towels.
other housing options
Meininger is near by
- Stadthaushotel in Holstrnstrasse is close too
- the "ICE Hotel" or the "Hotel Central" in Präsident-Krahn-Straße are close as well
- the Ghotel at corner Kaltenkirchener Platz / Stresemannstraße is also close
Youth hostel at Landungsbruecken, 3 subway stations away
- sponsored food for pre-registered attendees? (There's a nice cantina on site, we just need to find ways not to DOS them… so we will probably be ordering a fixed amount of food.
Cantina is happy to serve us & we will have a 1st meeting in January.
Sponsors, supporting this event
So far we have:
neuland - Büro für Informatik GmbH with 1000€
Thanks a lot for making this MiniDebConf possible!
Making a Mini DebConf happen costs money, we need to rent the venue, video gear, hopefully can pay hard working volunteers lunch and dinner and maybe also sponsor some travel. So we really appreciate companies willing to support this meeting!
We have three sponsor categories:
>1000€ = sponsor, listed as such in all material.
>2500€ = gold sponsor, listed as such in all material, logo featured in the videos.
>5000€ = platinum sponsor, listed as such prominently in all material, logo featured prominently in the videos
Plus, there's corporate registration as an option too, where we will charge you 250€ for the registration. Please contact us if you are interested in that!
If you plan to attend the event you are welcome to help, just add a comment to yourself at Registration and probably best to join #debconf-hamburg on OFTC and say so there.
IRC meetings for planning
We will have the 2nd orga meeting to plan preparing the Mini DebConf on IRC on irc.oftc.net in the channel
- #debconf-hamburg sometime at the end of February
The first meeting took place on Monday, November 27th 2017.
- [x] find date for 1st IRC meeting and announce that
- [x] agree on levels of sponsorship
- [N] send out call for sponsors before December 1st 2017, so companies can account for this in their 2018 budget
- [x] add registration to this wikipage
- [x] ask for help from publicity team
- [x] ask videoteam for help
- [ ] make cost estimate
- [x] form content team
- [x] announcement/CfP on d-d-a
- [ ] approach prospective sponsors from our list
- [ ] form sponsors team
- [x] form frontdesk team and location at the venue
- [ ] logo
- [ ] tshirts
- [Y] use ffis eV for money handling?
(This list is not complete yet.)
Please add links to reports, blog posts, photos etc about the event here: