See also: DebianEeePC/Bugs.
- Projects have their own heading and tasks are listed as points beneath each project.
Items on this list are divided into Short/Mid/Long term goals and actionable items are flagged with one of six priority/importance tag pairs: Easy/Urgent, Easy/Important, Easy/Wishlist, Hard/Urgent, Hard/Important, Hard/Wishlist.
Anything Easy is thought to only involve a short time to fix (anywhere from a few minutes to an hour) and has an obvious solution.
Everything else is Hard.
Urgent items should be done right away.
Important items should be done, but not necessarily right away.
Wishlist items would be nice to do eventually but the world won't end if they aren't done.
- Please link to Debian bug#s that are relevant to each.
- Indicate briefly in a subpoint under a given task that you're working on it and what you're doing.
- More complex tasks that need further explanation should have their own subpage under this one, but don't let that be a substitute for keeping bug reports up to date.
- Please express any dependencies between tasks using anchors and links.
Squeeze release goals
This is a brief list of goals. Specific TODOs to reach these goals should not be listed here. Instead, add them to the sections below.
- Standard Debian-installer prebuilt images support Eee PCs out of the
- Support rt2860 wifi without non-free firmware.
- Via rt2x00?
- Support atl1c ethernet.
- Support install over WPA.
- Automatically install hotkey support.
Support GMA500 (Poulsbo) in Xorg. See 533450
- Standard Debian-live prebuilt images support Eee PCs out of the box.
- Must resolve conflict between eeepc-acpi-scripts and acpi-support.
Make ACPI work natively in Debian
- Short term: using eeepc-acpi-scripts package
Hard/Wishlist: use s2ram from uswsusp for suspend
Improve installer for Eee
Short term: make custom d-i installer
Incorporate steps documented in ../HowTo/Install
- Misc. conf fixes, workarounds
- won't shutdown
- Mid term: support "Boot Booster" functionality through partitioning
Long term: support Eee in d-i natively
ensure kernel & related packages support Eee natively so that standard d-i installer supports Eee without modification)
- Long term: make a combination live image / installer image
- Make regular passes through all wiki pages to keep up to date (don't be afraid to prune out outdated/redundant material ... the wiki revision system keeps old copies)
- Check forum.eeeuser.com, wiki.eeeuser.com, etc. to glean from the collected wisdom of the broader Eee community things that will help us
- Use our git repository for group maintained packages.
Keep changes in this package to a minimum and rely as much as possible on existing solutions in Debian. That is, the Eee is no different from other laptops in its need for the things the package provides, so custom Eee solutions should only be made to accommodate for the differences between the Eee hardware and other hardware. Also, upstream solutions are better and preferred over changes made here. So where possible, file bugs upstream (kernel & modules such as the eeepc-laptop module).
Hard/Wishlist Make booting faster.
Updating the BIOS
Hard/Wishlist port flashrom to EeePC
- The stock Xandros was able to do this so there is a patch somewhere.
Developers say that this would not be that hard if they have access to the hardware.
I'm looking for someone who would take care of updating the German translation of our wiki. I [?RobertEpprecht] have left it in good shape somewhen in august and it would be important to continue with updates before it gets too much work.
- There are other translations which need a new maintainer even more so...