Everyone: please scan through all the pages in the DebianEdu/SiteMap and help either updating them, deleting them if they're irrelevant/redundant/outdated or explicitly mark them as such.
- Before Getting Started
- Getting started
- Talk to us and participate
- Reports, presentations and experiences
- Other languages
Click on the DebianEdu / Skolelinux Introduction page to see information about:
What is it?
Why consider it?
Who is behind it?
Where we are now?
How can I contribute?
Before Getting Started
Click on the Before Getting Started page to see information about:
Understanding Thin Clients
What is a profile?
Consider running a test install using virtual machines.
A list of tested hardware is available. Please help update it with any computers you have used.
- Start using your new system! If you encounter difficulties not covered by the documentation, please add to it after you get help to resolve them.
- Remember that Debian Edu is 99.9% Debian, so almost all help for using Debian also applies to Debian Edu.
Thorough books covering multiple topics
Shorter articles covering a specific topic or problem
Documentation about how to add features for specific countries/states/regions in the world to Skolelinux
Educational software (Linux Signpost)
Keep informed about alternatives to 'standard' commercial software by using Linux.
Here you can find a complete list of packages which are included by the Debian Edu meta-packages; feel free to propose changes to these on the mailing list.
For an easy installation of education-related software, there are some meta-packages for DebianEdu.
See packages : education-tasks (all education-* packages)
If you are a developer you might be interested in fixing some bugs. Have a look at the bugs in related packages.
Debian's support pages
Frequently asked questions
Frequently asked questions – with answers
How to get in touch with the volunteer community, and how to proceed in order to get answers to your questions
Skolelinux consultants, companies providing support services
Please try to learn more about Debian Edu first.
- Use the search function of this Wiki!
- If you don't find usable information and solutions for your problem, talk to us. See below!
Talk to us and participate
The coordination of this project happens on the debian-edu mailing list.
- Go there to subscribe to the list, browse its archives, or view some statistics.
- If you want to send us an email then just do so; you don't have to be subscribed to the list. (But please mention when doing so if you are not subscribed.)
Further /MailingLists deal with user support, translation, and other issues.
GMANE provides gateways to them as well.
IRC - Internet relay chat
Preparation for the next IRC meeting
List of past IRC meetings
Debian Edu uses the Debian Bug Tracking System (BTS).
View existing bug reports and feature requests or create new ones. Please report bugs against the package debian-edu-config.
Contribute - help us to improve!
Everyone can help
- You can help in many ways:
Debian Edu Wiki
- We try to put all useful information (or at least links to it) into these pages.
- You can also edit everything or place comments on any page; this is a Wiki! (You may have to log in first.)
Any change in the Debian Edu section of the Wiki will be noticed by the Debian Edu team.
See the complete site map.
Tasks for Debian Developers
- DDs can help in many ways:
package and maintain the software listed on /ToPackage
package and maintain any software listed at Ofset that is not yet in Debian
- sponsor non-Debian Developers who are packaging education-related software
integrate existing external packages into Debian; see /ToIntegrate
help with DebianInstaller to produce an even friendlier installer for people with limited computer skills
Donating Money to the Debian Edu / Skolelinux Project
If you want to make a donation to the project, please contact the SLX Debian Labs foundation
Reports, presentations and experiences
Independent reports about or relevant to Skolelinux
Presentations held by the Skolelinux team
Problems, solutions and success stories from users of Skolelinux