DebianEdu / Skolelinux
- is a project about improving Debian to make it the best distribution for educational purposes.
- Provide a complete software solution using free software and ...
- tailored for the needs and use-cases in education szenarios.
- preconfigured for easy install (standalone as well as network-wide rollout).
- easy to use, maintain, and administer.
supporting your language natively.
- Classify and package all free software related to education.
- Write documentation to explain how to use the various software (in the educational context).
- International Availability
See ?/GetStarted on how to get Skolelinux.
Also fetch some ["/Documentation"] and have a look at it.
- Maybe you still need help? See below!
Please try to [#Learn learn more] about DebianEdu first. Don't forget to use the search function of this wiki, too!
Have at least a quick look at the pages for ["/Documentation"], ["/Help"], and ["/FAQ"].
- If you don't find usable information/solution for your problem then talk with us. See below!
Talk with us
ML - mailing lists
The coordination of this project happens on the [http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/ debian-edu mailing list].
- Go there to subscribe to the list, browse its archives, or view some statistics.
- If you only want to drop an email then just do so; you dont have to subscribe to the list. (But please mention that you are not subscribed.)
[http://gmane.org GMANE] provides a [nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.education news gateway] and a [http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.education webforum gateway] to this list.
Further /MailingLists are dealing with user support, translation, and other issues.
GMANE provides [http://dir.gmane.org/index.php?prefix=gmane.linux.skolelinux gateways to them] as well.
IRC - internet relay chat
- We try to put every useful information (or at least links to it) into these pages.
- You can also edit everything or place comments on any page; this is a wiki! (You may have to login first.)
Any change in the DebianEdu section of the wiki will be noticed by the DebianEdu team. ?PageList(regex:case:^DebianEdu/[^/]*$)
For an easy installation of the education-related software, we'll create some metapackages for DebianEdu.
- Here's a preliminary list; feel free to propose changes (to this as well as to the metapackages) on the mailing list.
[http://bugs.skolelinux.no/ Our bug tracking system]
- View existing bugreports and feature requests; or create new ones.
[http://www.skolelinux.no/linux-signpost/ Linux Signpost]
- Get informed about alternatives to 'standard' MS software and using linux.
We have a [http://wiki.skolelinux.de/SkoleLinux/Flyer 2 page flyer] availible in over a dozen languages (as PDF and for OOo).
Help us improve
Everyone can help
- You can help in many ways:
take a look at some possibilities to ["/Contribute"] contribute to DebianEdu;
- write good documentation for the education related software;
- join one of our ["/Teams"];
Tasks for Debian Developers
- You can help in many ways :
package and maintain the software listed in /ToPackage
package and maintain any software listed in [http://www.ofset.org Ofset] that is not yet in Debian
- sponsor non-Debian developers who are packaging education related software
integrate existing external packages into Debian; see /ToIntegrate
help with DebianInstaller to get a friendly installer for people with limited computer-skills