|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 198:||Line 198:|
|* Go [[http://www.realdissertationwriting.com|dissertation help]] and [[http://www.realessaywriting.com|essay help]] for writing help|
Everyone: please scan through all the pages in the DebianEdu/SiteMap and help either updating them, deleting them if they're irrelevenat/redundant/outdated or explicitly mark them as such.
About Debian Edu / Skolelinux
What is it?
is a Debian project to make the best distribution for educational purposes.
You can read more about it here.
is the name of a Debian Pure Blend which is produced by the Debian Edu project.
"Skole" ([skuːl]) is the Norwegian form of "school". Both "skole" and "school" comes from the Latin word "schola".
The goals are
- to provide a complete software solution using free software ...
- tailored for the needs and use-cases in educational scenarios.
- preconfigured for easy installation (standalone, as well as network-wide rollout).
- easy to use, maintain, and administer.
supporting your language natively.
- to classify and package all free software related to education.
- to write documentation describing how to use the various software applications (in an educational context).
- to achieve international availability, currently being translated into XX languages.
Homepage vs. Wiki
http://www.slx.no is the Homepage of Debian Edu, its task is to represent Debian Edu.
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu is the Wiki of Debian Edu, its task is to assist active users and developers.
Consider running a test installation with virtual machines.
A list of tested hardware is available. Please update it with the computers you have available.
- Start using your new system! If you encounter difficulties not covered by the documentation, add it once you got help.
- Remember that Debian Edu is 99,9% Debian, so almost all help for using Debian also applies to Debian Edu.
Thorough books covering multiple topics
Shorter articles covering a specific topic or problem
Documentation about how to add features for specific countries/states/regions in the world to Skolelinux
Overview of software available in Skolelinux
Debian's support pages
Frequently asked questions
Frequently asked questions – with answers :-)
How to get in touch with the voluntary community, and how to proceed in order to get answers to your questions
Skolelinux consultants, companies providing support services
Please try to learn more about Debian Edu first.
- Use the search function of this wiki!
- If you don't find usable information and solutions for your problem, talk to us. See below!
Talk to us and participate
ML - mailing lists
The coordination of this project happens on the debian-edu mailing list.
Further /MailingLists deal with user support, translation, and other issues.
GMANE provides gateways to them as well.
IRC - internet relay chat
development ldap user admin tool
Preparing the ?next IRC meeting
List of ?past IRC meetings
Contribute - Help us to improve!
Everyone can help
- You can help in many ways:
Tasks for Debian Developers
- You can help in many ways:
package and maintain the software listed in /ToPackage
package and maintain any software listed in Ofset that is not yet in Debian
- sponsor non-Debian developers who are packaging education related software
integrate existing external packages into Debian; see /ToIntegrate
help with DebianInstaller to produce an even friendlier installer for people with limited computer-skills
Reports, presentations experiences
Independent reports about or relevant to Skolelinux
Presentations held by the Skolelinux team
Problems, solutions and success stories from users of Skolelinux
Here you can find a complete list of packages which are included by the Debian Edu metapackages; feel free to propose changes (to this as well as to the metapackages) on the mailing list.
For an easy installation of the education-related software, there are some metapackages for DebianEdu.
see packages : education-tasks (all education-*packages)
If you are a developer you might be interested to fix some bugs. Have a look at the bugs of related packages.
Debian Edu Wiki
- We try to put all useful information (or at least links to it) into these pages.
- You can also edit everything or place comments on any page; this is a wiki! (You may have to login first.)
Any change in the Debian Edu section of the wiki will be noticed by the Debian Edu team.
- View existing bugreports and feature requests; or create new ones.
- Become informed about alternatives to 'standard' commercial software and using linux.
We have a 2 page flyer availible in over a dozen languages (as PDF and for OOo), including: