Beskriv DebianEdu/Wishlist her.
Debian Edu Whislist
This is a which list for next Debian Edu relases
- A netbook version of skolelinux. There are several Netbook alternatives today. Some examples are listed underneath.
WiFi-controller based on wrt-hardware
- An easy way to freez all screens in a classroom. One button
- Exam-mode, where communication, internet and so on, is blocked.
- More than 50 static adresses for workstations (why is there a limit).
Ralf Gesellensetter has extended that IP range himself. It took 2-3 hours with trail and errors. Let convince Ralf to make an HOWTO
- Send message to all users, or group of users.
- Print quota
- A way to use the amount of free diskspace on "diskless workstations".
(they are sold with harddisk most of them)
- Digital signage app (info screen) that runs on the server.
- Wii whiteboard, or something similar.
Netbook Desktop alternatives
Here is a list of Netbook alternatives shipped today. Several are in production, and most can be run on Debian Testing today without to much hassle (apt-get install ...).
Sugar Desktop witch is default on One Laptop per Child.
Moblin is an Intel initiative
Android is promoted as a netbook alternative.
Maemo is Nokia's alternative for mobile PC's and Mobile Internet Devices.
<fixme: There are several others not mentioned here. E.g Gnome developers are working on a new netbook interface>
As you can see there are many Netbook alternatives. Looking at the goals for Skolelinux reaching out to education, the Sugar Dekstop is an obvious choice for lower grades (the 1-5 first years at school). Since KDE 4.4 comes with a Netbook desktop as a choice, that might be a convinient choice for those using KDE. The KDE Plasma Netbook also got good reviews initially.