Old www todo list
This site is under construction and will get a new design and multilingual content. For this to get happend, a lot work has to be done. The first steps are done on the first developer gathering 2008 in Narvik, Norway. Work goes on (unfortunatly work hasn't went on, so I (JuergenLeibner) would like to ask, if there is still a need for this)
Update:(by Arnt Ove Gregersen) Unfortunately the old web page was never completely finished and work on a new Joomla page has started instead. The current version is available at http://joomla.slx.no , please let me know if anyone would like to contribute. It will hopefully be released in the near future. We had a workshop in Trondheim (Norway) where put together a list of suggested layout and gathered a small summary at the bottom of this page. PLease send me an email if you wish to contribute , my email address is arntog at gmail dot com .
Guidelines for adding content: ?Guidelines page
=== Drupal (will be replaced by a Joomla framework)===
Question by JuergenLeibner: What inspired the people to use Joomla instead of drupal? I'm seeing the nightmare of building and maintaining such CMS going on with no realy useable result at the end.
- some modules have to be configured more consistent and more detailed.
- a new well designed frontpage has to be made
- the choosen design has to be improved with the needed features or a new one has to be generated
- Rotating header in the theme has to be implemented in the theme or may be only on the new front page
a gallary module may be usefull to have? (acidfree is suggested by JuergenLeibner)
things to fix
- The footer with the copyright has to be corrected
- Content has to be translated (source language is English or has to be translated into English before publishing)
- Ordering the content and ranking has to be discussed and then welldone
- language strings of the menues has to be translated up to 100% and given back to drupal.org
- links to other sites in the content have to be aproved and should be divided if they are language dependend
- taxonomies have to be made available? (to be discussed because of the workload to the siteadmin)
- a best practices page for authors/translators and moderators of the site has to be written soon
layout on some browsers, see http://browsershots.org/http://www.skolelinux.org/
The paragraph tag isn't working as it should. To get white space between two paragraphs I have to add a <br> tag, that should not be necessary.
- locale switcher has to be modified to make it able showing up all languages in their own writing
- a multilingual block has to be made for holding a multilingual menue
- a menue has to be made for navigation through the whole content