Please help to improve and tidy up this page
This page may be used as entrypage for the web developers which are working on the official site (http://www.skolelinux.org) of this project with the Content Management System Joomla.
That webpages are maintained by a team of volunteers who are given access on a 'need to have' basis. It is possible to give people access on different levels so that one person can have access to only publishing certain content. Other users may have full administrative access. This is also done on a 'need to' basis.
- Keep it simple and brief
- Be positive
- The / section of www.skolelinux.org is not meant to have any substantial content. It is there as a jump-point to the selected language. We are looking for people willing to create the following translations of the /en/ section into new languages: French, German, Spanish.
After the completion of French, German and Spanish sub-sections of http://www.skolelinux.org we will look further into cross-publishing in languages, rss of news-items etc. The web pages are mainly created to contain static updated information and the access to change or modify any article is there for people who wish to help keeping the web site in such a state. Dynamicly updated information should be referenced on the web site and live on the wiki for constant updating by a number of people. Inclusion of wiki pages on the web site have been scripted and are available as a workaround for people wishing to get something from the wiki published.
- Add a horizontal and vertical space of at least 4 pixels between text and pictures
- Medium sized image should be 320 px width
- Small size images should be 180 px width
- Current button settings:
- ( Add any suggestions here )
Our changelog. Please add description of all changes here.
Mailinglists used to discuss the webpages
- a news article about schools in extremadura switching from linex to debian edu
- a news article about the developer gathering in extremadura
- we should use https for login
set up the http://drupal.org/project/notify module to send mail on changes (or provide an RSS feed)
nicer urls: for example: http://www.skolelinux.org/en/news instead of http://www.skolelinux.org/en/node/3 (FIXED for news: use the field "URL path settings" to given an item a "nicer" url. It would be great to fix the other urls too
- requesting a new password doesnt work (at least supplying a username (which should work according to the formular) and this is due to mail settings on m.s.n. Will ask drift@ for fix.)
How the translations of the webpages should be done and what to consider is described at this page.
Workshop held in Trondheim 2009.
Admin CP -> Moderation -> Moderate users
To get information about who is involved, you should take a look at the team page. To request access to edit, contribute or administer the web pages send an email to the www-int-mailinglist.
|/OldToDo /TeamPage /ToDo /Translation /Videos /VideosTakeATour /WebAccess /WebMnt /WorkshopTrondheim2009 /changelog|