Status of Debian Edu "Jessie"
Most resources moved to git, see SVN2Git Migration Status page
Known problems we want to fix
- the jessie manual is missing.
- ldap-client: Not only one PAM module of krb5, ldap and sss is enabled
- postoffice: postoffice service is not listening on imaps/tcp.
- (conf file needs to be adjusted).
Known problems, unlikely to be fixed
Fixed in git (hopefully)
- Samba/LDAP setup fails due to a failure reading SAMBASID during bootstrap.
- The cups management site 'www:631' doesn't work.
- krb5kdc is not running.
- kadmind is not running.
- Kerberos service is not listening on kerberos/udp.
- Kerberos service is not listening on kpasswd/tcp.
- Kerberos service is not listening on kerberos-adm/tcp.
- getent failed to find file group 'students'
Fixed in unstable
- www/sitesummary doesn't work
Fixed + done
Mostly stuff for Jessie (the release after Wheezy)
- make it easier to use another, already existing, directory server, be it LDAP or AD.
- Include FAI to easily install customized machines (Skolelinux RLP and Musterösung BW use Images (why?), can we do something comparable with FAI?
- Make the installer more flexible. Make it possible to choose KDE/GNOME/all educational packages/Debian default. (Waiting several hours installing Tjener+LTSP seems to scare away testers and developers).
- Continue cleanup. What is left back in our d-e-packages that's not needed anymore? Strip down things to the necessary, we are not able to maintain more. What can and should be addressed in Debian?
- Preconfigured LXDE by default as Thin-Client?
- Preconfigured educational desktop (if chosen in the installer).
- Make it possible to choose LTSP chroot arch (i386/amd64)