Comment: add LTSP TGT issue
add link to bug number
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
| * LTSP diskless workstations: /etc/resolv.conf may has search set to 'bad' instead of 'intern'. As a workaround set SEARCH_DOMAIN=intern in lts.conf.
* LTSP diskless workstations: Getting a TGT isn't possible as the krb5-dialog lacks the username; the realm is OK, though.
|* LTSP diskless workstations: The Kerberos TGT is valid for 10 hours as it should be. Clicking the key symbol, the krb5-dialog lacks the username; the realm is OK, though.|
|Line 19:||Line 18:|
|* debian-edu-doc.git: scripts/get_manual is broken, probably due to wiki (show content in raw/docbook layout) changes.||* debian-edu-doc.git: scripts/get_manual is broken, probably due to wiki (show content in raw/docbook layout) changes (DebianBug:762025).|
Status of Debian Edu "Jessie"
Most resources moved to git, see SVN2Git Migration Status page
Changes from Wheezy to Jessie
- Shutdown/reboot of the main server takes longer due to a default setting in squid3 (shutdown_lifetime 30 seconds).
Known problems we want to fix
- LTSP diskless workstations: The Kerberos TGT is valid for 10 hours as it should be. Clicking the key symbol, the krb5-dialog lacks the username; the realm is OK, though.
Rosegarden is no longer installed. It was removed from the music task as a workaround for a bug in lilypond (758787). When lilypond build on powerpc and mips (760794), rosegarden can be reinserted in the task.
Kerberos/LDAP startup with systemd is unreliable (758992)
Automatic proxy configuration fail because WPAD is ignored by the proxy command (644373)
Grub ask users to enter /dev/ path to hard drive on a single hard drive machine (712907)
- Local user on roaming workstation (and probably other profiles) do not have working USB plug and play. Inserting USB memory stick is not discovered in KDE. Petter suspect missing plugdev group membership or some missing policykit setup is the cause. [No problem in virtualbox vm with USB key (profile main-server with desktop xfce or KDE): the plugdev is discovered and usable.]
The command 'net time' causes a segmentation fault (760781).
- The cups management site 'www:631' doesn't work any longer. Remote printer management should be documented.
- debian-edu-doc.git: the jessie manual is missing.
debian-edu-doc.git: scripts/get_manual is broken, probably due to wiki (show content in raw/docbook layout) changes (762025).
Known problems, unlikely to be fixed
Fixed in git (hopefully)
- On LTSP diskless workstations the homedir isn't mounted. This is caused by automounter running and blocking /skole as mountpoint for sshfs. As a workaround (to be able to test things) set RM_SYSTEM_SERVICES=autofs in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf.
Fixed in unstable
- pxeinstall is broken due to a typo in debian-edu-pxeinstall.
Installing Thin Client server fails, from ISO because the ISO is not mounted (758500) and from PXE because /proc/ is not mounted (761401).
Fixed + done
Started on Jessie manual, https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Jessie
- www/sitesummary doesn't work
- Unable to find /usr/bin/rpcinfo
- pxeinstall: Unable to find PXE file /var/lib/tftpboot/pxelinux.0
Installation in Jessie is broken because acl uses bzip2 format (759327 og 759367).
Using virtual box Jessie installation is broken because hw-setup call discover-pkginstall, which hangs (760144).
- Samba/LDAP setup fails due to a failure reading SAMBASID during bootstrap.
- krb5kdc is not running.
- kadmind is not running.
- Kerberos service is not listening on kerberos/udp.
- Kerberos service is not listening on kpasswd/tcp.
- Kerberos service is not listening on kerberos-adm/tcp.
- getent failed to find file group 'students'.
- samba: missing Domain Admins in samba groupmap.
- webcache: squid is not running.
Installation of desktops fail because of a postinst bug in lilypond-doc (758787), triggered by lilypond-doc being recommended by lilypond (653263), a dependency of rosegarden, but the fix fail to propagate to testing because of build failures on powerpc and mips (760794).
- Installing using desktop=lxde or xfce end up without any display manager enabled, thanks to preseeding shared/default-x-display-manager to kdm while lightdm is installed.
Automatic partitioning fail when reinstalling, because partman refuses to "reuse" swap partition in LVM (757818)
postoffice: postoffice service is not listening on imaps/tcp - (760604 and 760653).
- ldap-client: Not only one PAM module of krb5, ldap and sss is enabled
Mostly stuff for Jessie (the release after Wheezy)
- make it easier to use another, already existing, directory server, be it LDAP or AD.
- Include FAI to easily install customized machines (Skolelinux RLP and Musterösung BW use Images (why?), can we do something comparable with FAI?
- Make the installer more flexible. Make it possible to choose KDE/GNOME/all educational packages/Debian default. (Waiting several hours installing Tjener+LTSP seems to scare away testers and developers).
- Continue cleanup. What is left back in our d-e-packages that's not needed anymore? Strip down things to the necessary, we are not able to maintain more. What can and should be addressed in Debian?
- Preconfigured LXDE by default as Thin-Client?
- Preconfigured educational desktop (if chosen in the installer).
- Make it possible to choose LTSP chroot arch (i386/amd64)