emphazise non-working PXE installation, recheck before release
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 73:||Line 73:|
| * [ ] Join Win10 device to domain SKOLELINUX.
* [ ] Logon as domain user.
* [ ] Access files on the main server.
| * /!\ See: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Required_Settings_for_Samba_NT4_Domains#Windows_10
* [ (./) ] Join '''pre 1809''' Win10 device to domain SKOLELINUX.
* [ (./) ] Logon as domain user.
* [ (./) ] Access files on the main server.
Release announcement mails
For English-only release announcements, the announcement mails go to...
English-only -- To: debian-edu-announce (at) lists.debian.org, debian-edu (at) lists.debian.org, linuxiskolen (at) skolelinux.no, admin-discuss (at) skolelinux.org, debian-edu-german (at) lists.debian.org, bruker (at) skolelinux.no, debian-edu-french (at) lists.debian.org, styret (at) skolelinux.no, press (at) debian.org, distro (at) distrowatch.com
Remember emails to debian-edu-announce@ must be signed by a Debian developer.
For translated announcements, the announcement mail should contain a link to the translation on debian.org/News; they are sent to these recipients...
Bokmal/Norway -- To: linuxiskolen (at) skolelinux.no, bruker (at) skolelinux.no, styret (at) skolelinux.no, annonsering (at) nuug.no, pressemelding (at) nuug.no
German -- To: debian-edu-german (at) lists.debian.org
French -- To: debian-edu-french (at) lists.debian.org
Available translations will show up on the debian.org website; the mails could thus be short, just linking to the website.
Release announcement draft
To be able to use the Debian publicity infrastructure more easily, the draft is kept in the Debian publicity team's announcements.git; see:
The announcement has been translated into: de, nl, fr, sv (as of 2019-06-16).
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:publicity-team/announcements.git
Checks before the release
The image URLs are valid at release time; to check items before, use the image links on the status page.
- Set release version in:
[ ] d-e-install and [ ] upload the package early enough before the release.
[ ] d-e-doc
- [ ] Coordinate release with the Debian CD team.
- Test if ISO images are usable for installations:
[ ] NETINST image: https://get.debian.org/cdimage/release/current/amd64/iso-cd/
[ ] NETINST image: https://get.debian.org/cdimage/release/current/i386/iso-cd/
- Check if BD images are usable in offline mode.
[ ] amd64
[ ] i386
- Test if a standard installation (combi server w/ Xfce) is working:
[ ] Installation w/ LTSP chroot and NBD image.
[ ] GOsa² add users.
[ ] GOsa² mass add users using CSV file.
[ ] GOsa² add workstation.
[ ] Use LTSP thin client.
[ ] Use LTSP diskless workstation.
[ ] Setup internal mail (Thunderbird).
[ ] Use Mutt to read internal mail (on the main server).
- [ ] Login on updated Edu Stretch workstation.
[ ] Install system via PXE. [debian-installer-10-netboot-amd64 is outdated, as of 2019-06-23]
- Test if Edu supported desktop environments are usable:
[ ] Xfce
[ ] KDE Plasma
[ ] GNOME
[ ] MATE
[ ] LXDE
[ ] LXQt
- Test if Samba NT4 style domain controller support is working:
[ ] Join pre 1809 Win10 device to domain SKOLELINUX.
[ ] Logon as domain user.
[ ] Access files on the main server.
- [ ] English draft file review by native speaker.
[ ] Set date in release announcement draft file.
[ ] Inform the publicity team early enough before the release date so that translation teams can be informed.
- Check if already existing draft translations are up-to-date (ISO file names, release name and date).
[ ] (de).
[ ] (fr).
[ ] (nl).
[ ] (sv).
[ ] Check if above email list is up-to-date.