1 21:02 < white> who writes the summary?
2 21:02 < C14r> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/MeetingAdminTool
3 21:03 * jever = Jürgen Leibner
4 21:03 < RalfG> white: when is it due to?
5 21:03 < white> ok maybe we will find someone for summary later
6 21:03 < white> we start now
7 21:03 < white> finnarne: please log
8 21:03 < white> everyone who attends the meeting please do /me = Name
9 21:03 * white = Steffen Joeris
10 21:03 * Werner = Morten Werner Olsen
11 21:03 * finnarne = finnarne
12 21:03 * k4x = Kurt Gramlich
13 21:03 * jever = Jürgen Leibner
14 21:04 * da5id__ = David C. Weichert
15 21:04 * C14r Christian Kuelker
16 21:04 * RalfG = RalfGesellensetter
17 21:04 * klausade = Klaus Ade Johnstad
18 21:04 * mmassonnet = Mike Massonnet
19 21:04 < white> ok i welcome all of you to the first communication hour about the future situation of an administration tool
20 21:05 < white> i prepared a small agenda
21 21:05 < finnarne> white: I have logs from 2004 :)
22 21:05 < white> i want to mention the following points tonight:
23 21:05 < white> 1. who has which ideas
24 21:05 < white> 2. how can we integrate these ideas (ldap scheme existing one, new one)
25 21:06 < white> 3. how can we cooperate with other distris and shall we share one
26 21:06 < white> 4. who wants to work on this field
27 21:06 < white> 5. deadlines for etch
28 21:06 < white> anyone else who wants to add points to this agenda?
29 21:06 < white> RalfG: please put them into the wiki as you are faster than me ;)
30 21:06 < RalfG> I will white
31 21:07 < k4x> i would like to know who is working on which tool
32 21:07 < white> RalfG: thanks
33 21:07 < RalfG> but should we discuss the order?
34 21:07 < RalfG> maybe there is objections (just in case)?
35 21:07 < k4x> i would loike to start with point 5
36 21:07 < finnarne> k4x: way to early to start discussing tools
37 21:07 < white> k4x: should be already inlcuded
38 21:07 < white> at first who has which ideas, i want to collect them
39 21:07 < white> who wants to start?
40 21:08 -!- georg
41 21:08 < white> i can also start no problem :)
42 21:08 < k4x> what are the deadlines?
43 21:08 < finnarne> k4x that is point 5
44 21:09 < finnarne> k4x: that means it's the last point
45 21:09 < white> finnarne: can you start?
46 21:09 < white> k4x: then maybe you
47 21:09 < finnarne> white: you start
48 21:09 < RalfG> The Agenda wasn't discussed
49 21:09 < white> RalfG: we do not have time for that
50 21:10 < white> general ideas:
51 21:10 < white> i guess we have a german one called cipux is that right?
52 21:10 < finnarne> are we starting to talk about tools already ?
53 21:10 < C14r> yes CipUX
54 21:10 < white> finnarne: no general ideas but i don't want to start
55 21:10 < RalfG> "ideas" was propposed (and not discussed) to be 1.
56 21:11 < white> C14r: can you explain in short the idea behind it without going into details about the tool?
57 21:11 < finnarne> ok I'll start, since I guess I've been thinking about this for the longest time.
58 21:11 < C14r> finnarne: ok
59 21:11 < finnarne> Up until now, we've had things in various DB
60 21:11 < finnarne> some is text-files
61 21:11 < finnarne> some if in ldap
62 21:12 < finnarne> and ther have been no effort to join them.
63 21:12 < RalfG> example for text files?
64 21:12 < finnarne> Some people have even talked about adding som sql behind it all.
65 21:12 < finnarne> the following has been located in ldap:
66 21:12 < finnarne> - User account
67 21:13 < finnarne> - netgroups
68 21:13 < finnarne> the following has been stored in text-files:
69 21:13 < finnarne> - dns
70 21:13 < finnarne> - dhcp
71 21:13 < finnarne> - iptables rules (if any)
72 21:13 < finnarne> sorry, forgot about automount info in ldap
73 21:13 < RalfG> thanks for the sumary
74 21:14 < finnarne> continuing on text-files:
75 21:14 < finnarne> squid rules
76 21:14 < finnarne> anything els (klausade, please help me)
77 21:14 < k4x> munin
78 21:14 < klausade> would be nice to have email adresses in ldap
79 21:15 < finnarne> Well, we dont store email addresses so far.
80 21:15 < Werner> we don't need all the details .. please go on finnarne :)
81 21:15 < white> finnarne: ok for me the question would be how we will handle this in the future
82 21:15 < finnarne> there is even some data stored in some obscure files, but I dont remember which now.
83 21:16 < finnarne> well, almost all of this could be stored in ldap
84 21:16 < finnarne> And if we do ldap properly, it can even scale.
85 21:16 < finnarne> But we need to avoid to define our own scheme
86 21:16 < finnarne> because that is something that breaks the upgrade-path
87 21:16 < white> finnarne: so you suggest all these information inside ldap?
88 21:17 < finnarne> as our primary storage, for the average school, yes
89 21:17 < white> finnarne: hmm we have to take care of the scheme
90 21:17 < C14r> LDAP was made to expand easily
91 21:17 < Werner> if we should move everything into ldap, we also need new tools to configure everything..
92 21:17 < white> and we should make sure that we follow the standard especially with other distros
93 21:17 < finnarne> then if someone needs to go beyond that they can add some sql if they need.
94 21:17 < RalfG> what advantage would you see? as administrating teacher I can rather edit ascii files than ldap contents
95 21:18 < white> finnarne: would this expand the administration effort?
96 21:18 < finnarne> and by using one common storage for everything, it would be easier to add some tool, both command-line and gui or web, to administer it all
97 21:19 < finnarne> RalfG: How do you add a new fileshare these days ?
98 21:19 < Werner> isn't it more important to discuss a framework for tools to configure all the services .. no matter how the underlying configuration is stored?
99 21:19 < klausade> RalfG: editing dhcp.conf files across 5-10 serveres is a pain.
100 21:19 < RalfG> klausade: I agree
101 21:20 < RalfG> it becomes clear, that this is desirable, but at same speed as moving config to ldap the admin tools have to be developped
102 21:20 < white> ok having all in the database
103 21:20 < white> it seems that we all agree in general to continue using ldap
104 21:20 < white> is that right, any objections?
105 21:20 < RalfG> I lack the survey of alternatives
106 21:20 < C14r> we do
107 21:21 < white> then finnarne's suggestion was to move every service into ldap
108 21:21 < RalfG> one by one are at once?
109 21:21 < white> Werner: you mentioned the framework part, can you expand it a bit?
110 21:21 < RalfG> s/are/or
111 21:22 < C14r> one by one i would suggest, if you do not whant a dead brain ;-)
112 21:23 < white> are there objections against finnarne's suggestion?
113 21:23 < k4x> German School distros: Arktur 4.x is putting all into ldap, BadenWuerttemberg is using a ldap and a postgres db
114 21:23 < C14r> SuSe is using LDAP
115 21:23 < C14r> white: this is not new!
116 21:23 < white> k4x C14r: everything in ldap or just parts?
117 21:23 < RalfG> in general it sounds good. the whereabouts are to discuss
118 21:24 < Werner> white: I believe we should agree on a common framework for making "tools" for each service we want to let the teachers configure .. kind of like webmin.
119 21:24 < C14r> white: if you have time enough you could stare everything in ldap but it may not be nessesary
120 21:24 < RalfG> how to get "clean" ldap schemes? is there a central team? yes, the framework as Werner says
121 21:24 < C14r> onle remote configurable data, or data for more then one server must go into the lDAP
122 21:24 < finnarne> Werner: I think we should start by having a command-line tools
123 21:24 < Werner> but of course the most important thing is that we agree on how to configure the services and if ldap is the choise, we need to agree on a common scheme to use..
124 21:24 < white> Werner: right
125 21:24 < C14r> finnarne: we have Comand line tools
126 21:25 < Werner> finnarne: do you believe the teachers agree?
127 21:25 < white> the scheme is very very important as it decides about many parts
128 21:25 < C14r> Werner: no
129 21:25 < finnarne> Werner: Yes, if we give them a command-line, and then a gui or web interface on top
130 21:25 < RalfG> finnarne: maybe command line tools, anyway something simple with open API and remote access
131 21:25 < white> we also need to discuss the scheme with other distros!
132 21:25 < C14r> white: you said you would not like to have an extra schema
133 21:26 < Werner> finnarne: hmm .. I kind of dislike gui's built on top of command-line tools..
134 21:26 < RalfG> Werner: why?
135 21:26 < white> let's keep on the scheme
136 21:26 < RalfG> this is the unix style
137 21:26 < C14r> white: we did
138 21:26 < k4x> there is a scheme as proposel what university are using
139 21:26 < Werner> RalfG: unix style is command-line tools only .. and I really like that.
140 21:26 < white> do we need to get an own scheme or share one with other distros as well?
141 21:27 < Werner> RalfG: e.g. password-handling is much better when using a library from the gui than a command-line tool.
142 21:27 < RalfG> is there a central scheme police? ;)
143 21:27 < Werner> white: scheeme for what?
144 21:27 < white> Werner: ldap
145 21:27 < finnarne> Werner: if the command-line tools have a library, that one can be used from the gui as well
146 21:27 < Werner> white: but we'll probably have to agree on one scheeme for userdb, one for netgroups, .. and so on.
147 21:27 < RalfG> Werner: I get your point, so maybe another simple remote protocol
148 21:28 < white> Werner: yes this was also my idea, but we have to think about it
149 21:28 < Werner> finnarne: now we are speaking :)
150 21:28 < finnarne> Werner: but first we need something that works
151 21:28 < C14r> Cipux works
152 21:28 < finnarne> C14r: I doubt it
153 21:28 < RalfG> white: how about putting the scheme for discussion on some wiki page?
154 21:29 < k4x> why not use the common scheme from universities?
155 21:29 < C14r> finnarne: look at the schools
156 21:29 < RalfG> finnarne: I can confirm that cipux works
157 21:29 < white> RalfG: good idea, please create a wiki page for that
158 21:29 < Werner> I believe we have two issues here .. the most important one is how we want to configure each service, where the configuration data should be stored (incl. schemes if ldap)..
159 21:29 < finnarne> C14r: is it upgradable ?
160 21:29 < da5id__> finnarne: why do you doubt? I've seen it!
161 21:29 < RalfG> white: you have the scheme
162 21:29 < Werner> the second is the tools to modify the config data.
163 21:29 < RalfG> finnarne: can you please explain your doubts
164 21:29 < C14r> finnarne: why not?
165 21:29 < white> Werner: right
166 21:30 < C14r> finnarne: yes please explain your doubts
167 21:30 < white> we should maybe add a wiki paget about the first point Werner
168 21:30 < finnarne> C14r: I have not taken part of the development :)
169 21:30 < C14r> finnarne: you are invited!
170 21:30 < RalfG> ah, so this is why you don't use ooo either
171 21:30 < finnarne> C14r: to late :)
172 21:30 < C14r> finnarne: never to late!
173 21:31 < C14r> finnarne: can you please explain your doubts technical?
174 21:31 < RalfG> what decisions whould you have done different finnarne
175 21:31 < finnarne> C14r: to be serious, I had a look at it, and the installation process gave me some doubts
176 21:32 < C14r> finnarne: yes this can be optimized. This should be done in the debian way.
177 21:32 < C14r> finnarne: do you write the installer?
178 21:32 < RalfG> thanks skolelinux cipux became a debian package
179 21:32 < finnarne> C14r: no, I've stopped contributing, like the rest of you
180 21:33 < C14r> finnarne: contributing to debian-edu?
181 21:33 < RalfG> I hear some disappointment here
182 21:33 < white> ok let's keep on our discussion
183 21:33 < white> instead of talking about other things
184 21:33 < RalfG> I think we are in the middle of it white
185 21:33 < white> Werner: can you please create a wiki page about the first point
186 21:33 < white> RalfG: no we are talking about old things
187 21:33 < C14r> white: I thing finnarne should have his time to contribute!
188 21:34 < Werner> white: I'll try..
189 21:34 < white> C14r: this is another point and it is up to finnarne to decide where he wants to contribute
190 21:34 < C14r> white: I mean in this discussion!
191 21:34 < RalfG> finnarne: as I undserstood you would like to develop that command line interface yourself? is this realistic?
192 21:35 < finnarne> C14r: My point is that we should not start by using something existing, we should start thinking about our needs, then find what solution is closest.
193 21:36 < finnarne> RalfG: I have my own command-line interface, which even have a gui if needed
194 21:36 < RalfG> Even though I am using CiPUX daily and think it gives all we need, I am open in my decision.
195 21:36 < finnarne> I also have my own CD
196 21:36 < C14r> finnarne: CipUX was designed for university an school, how close it can get?
197 21:36 < finnarne> and I never use kde
198 21:36 < white> right seems that everyone wants to talk about tools
199 21:36 < RalfG> finnarne: I believe you, but why don't I use them?
200 21:37 < finnarne> because they are reserved for those who pay me to make them better
201 21:37 < white> well it is the first open meeting to get a small overview, so if you want to discuss tools :)
202 21:37 < RalfG> now we are at businuess models
203 21:37 < finnarne> RalfG: I'm starting to loose faith in the Open Source model
204 21:37 < Werner> finnarne: released under what license?
205 21:37 < RalfG> I can feel it
206 21:38 < finnarne> Werner: GPL
207 21:38 < da5id__> finnarne: what do you mean by "for those who pay me to make them better"?
208 21:38 < C14r> white: the concepts behind that tools are very similar, look at the CipUX page http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/CipUX/
209 21:39 < finnarne> da5id__: I try to do this for a living, but someone tries to put my business out.
210 21:39 < RalfG> finnarne: this is an interesting topic - but for us it leads to much astray
211 21:40 < Werner> can we please concentrate on admin tools, not business models?
212 21:40 < da5id__> finnarne: Do you think CipUx is a threat to your business?
213 21:40 < finnarne> nope
214 21:40 < RalfG> so what is your offer? can't we use GPL whilst still getting paid?
215 21:40 < finnarne> I know my user wont touch CipUX
216 21:40 < finnarne> but lets foxus on the topc
217 21:40 < finnarne> s/topc/topic
218 21:41 < RalfG> we could have another database to collect money from schools for features
219 21:41 < C14r> RalfG: good point!
220 21:41 < Werner> RalfG: that is a completely different discussion :)
221 21:41 < white> RalfG: well i don't think that it is the right meeting to talk about commercial money stuff
222 21:41 < RalfG> free money I meant
223 21:41 < RalfG> :)
224 21:41 < C14r> :)
225 21:41 < da5id__> white: I agree, lets have another meeting for business models and money stuff
226 21:42 < RalfG> k, can we find an agenda for now?
227 21:42 < white> RalfG: another point and beside we don't have the infrastructure :)
228 21:42 < white> we have 20 minutes left
229 21:42 < RalfG> php/mysql?
230 21:42 < white> RalfG: strange agenda? :)
231 21:42 < k4x> please lets concentrate
232 21:42 < C14r> white: are you the leader?
233 21:42 < RalfG> okay: so we need a set of schemes
234 21:42 < RalfG> Werner puts them in the wiki
235 21:43 < white> Werner agreed in creating the wiki page
236 21:43 < finnarne> C14r: Yes, white is the leader of this meeting
237 21:43 < RalfG> white: is the moderator
238 21:43 < C14r> please add the cipux schema
239 21:43 < white> did somebody talked with other distros?
240 21:43 < white> i guess it is important to collaborate or?
241 21:43 < C14r> white: yes
242 21:43 < C14r> white: not very
243 21:43 < RalfG> C14r: everybody can add content to the wiki
244 21:43 < white> for that we need the same ldap scheme
245 21:43 < Werner> I will make a page where we can fill in suggested schemes/configuration models for each service.
246 21:43 < white> Werner: goodie ;)
247 21:44 < C14r> white: that is nearly impossible
248 21:44 < white> C14r: why?
249 21:44 < finnarne> C14r: because everyone is depending on their own schema's ?
250 21:44 < white> i got some mails from suse school server and they want to collaborate
251 21:44 < georg> Is there a possibility to define an abstraction layer between the ldap-scheme and the tools, that makes it possible to use various schemes/databases? It would be interesting for collaboration?
252 21:44 < white> and share one scheme
253 21:44 < da5id__> I think we can all agree that ldap is a good place to store everything and that we should have an ldap scheme that is as compatible as possible with other distros and suits the requirements of schools, right?
254 21:44 < C14r> This is the distinction of the school server it thouches the buisniss modell Wy bing Suse if it can the same as Skole?
255 21:44 < k4x> lets take the CipUx scheme and look what is missing
256 21:45 < Werner> georg: then we'll have problems with common upgrades..
257 21:45 < RalfG> we are discussing 1+2 simultaneously. are there further ideas besides CiPUX anyway?
258 21:45 < C14r> k4x: goot point!
259 21:45 < white> RalfG: we are not talking about tools
260 21:45 < Werner> isn't cipux using the same ldap schemes that we are in the standard installation?
261 21:45 < finnarne> k4x: lets start by finding what we need, and see if we find something that matches
262 21:45 < white> we are talking about the way we want it
263 21:45 < C14r> white: Suse will not whant to
264 21:45 < k4x> white: which distros do you think we should look at?
265 21:46 < C14r> Werner: yes an one additional schema
266 21:46 < white> suse, edubuntu, openschoolserver
267 21:46 < jever> Why thinking about colaboration without having a tool in our hands that fits our needs?
268 21:46 < Werner> do we really need one additional?
269 21:46 < white> especially edubuntu as we have a good cooperation with them
270 21:46 < finnarne> Werner: no
271 21:46 < white> C14r: for what is the additional one?
272 21:46 < C14r> white: yes i think so!
273 21:46 < white> jever: because we should talk about what we need and not which car we want to buy
274 21:47 < white> jever: at first which needs do we have then buy the right car
275 21:47 < k4x> edubuntu is starting with ldap, will you wait on Mark?
276 21:47 < white> k4x: who talks about waiting?
277 21:47 < RalfG> C14r: do you have a documentation of your scheme?
278 21:47 < C14r> machines, roles, rooms, images, mac address (did you know that the standard mac address schema is broken?)
279 21:47 < white> k4x: i am talking about cooperation
280 21:47 < jever> Our needs are discoussed every day on the lists
281 21:47 < C14r> RalfG: the schema by it self
282 21:47 < C14r> white: I took part in Nurnberg
283 21:48 < white> jever: here we are talking about the developer needs and how we can come cllose to the user needs to adjust them
284 21:48 < white> C14r: i also got a report from nurnberg and some other talks with canonical, oepn school server ...
285 21:48 < C14r> white: i disagree, we should see the case from the teachers view!
286 21:48 < k4x> Nuernberg = Suse and Arktur and Openschoolserver Meeting
287 21:48 < Werner> C14r: if something standard is broken, we should fix rather than creating our own workaround that will make us suffer when it comes to upgradeability..
288 21:48 < jever> do the developer know what the users want, I doubt
289 21:49 < white> jever: do the users know what is posisble, secure, upgradable and the best for them? i doubt
290 21:49 < finnarne> jever: some developers is also running multiple installations.
291 21:49 < C14r> Werner: ok a agree, but most features new.
292 21:49 < RalfG> user requirements should be the starting point
293 21:49 < jever> finnarne: but developers can help themselves
294 21:49 < white> jever: while administrating 1000 of machines?
295 21:49 < C14r> Werner: But is LDAP was made for extension. Its only a Debian Problem, the upgrade.
296 21:49 < jever> users are comming from distros like MS
297 21:50 < jever> they often want it easy clicking
298 21:50 < white> anyway when we have a cooperation we would have move manpower working and improving that
299 21:50 < C14r> Werner: I never had problems with CipUX on Trustix or Suse that way
300 21:50 < white> well upgradeability is a must
301 21:50 < RalfG> the GUI is a matter of itself, we rather need use cases
302 21:50 < white> anyway
303 21:50 < finnarne> jever: Since I do this for a living, and have been a Debian-edu eveloper for some years, and I earn my money by supporting users of Debian-edu, I think I know what users want, and I think I know about keeping things secure and upgradable
304 21:50 < white> we need to fix the ground, writing a guy in qt, gtk or whatsoever isn't that effort
305 21:51 < C14r> white: Its a OpenLDAp Policy problem, why do they not have a schema add script?
306 21:51 < RalfG> and become independend of webmin
307 21:51 < jever> finnarne: but you are 1 person who knows, what about the rest?
308 21:51 < C14r> white: We should fix openldap!
309 21:51 < finnarne> C14r: gor ahead
310 21:51 < white> C14r: that is buggy anyway :)
311 21:51 < finnarne> s/gor/go
312 21:52 < C14r> But we are uning it!
313 21:52 < RalfG> finnarne: and you are one person who hestitates (with reasons) sharing his knowledge ;)
314 21:52 < white> but yes openldap in debian needs some improvements i agree
315 21:52 < C14r> s/uning/using/
316 21:52 < finnarne> RalfG: I can go away, if that makes you feel better ?
317 21:52 < white> maybe someone is interested to contact thorsten (openldap maintainer) about that and talk to them?
318 21:52 < RalfG> no finnarne this wasn't meant in a bad way
319 21:53 < white> s/them/him/
320 21:53 < k4x> white: good idea
321 21:53 < C14r> white: So if you have the opinion to fix problems at the root then tehre should be a Debian policy conform way of installing and deinstall schemas!
322 21:53 < white> well it was a question who wants to contact thorsten?
323 21:53 < white> i am right busy with 3.0 development preparations
324 21:54 < k4x> white: i can contact him
325 21:54 < k4x> white: i will contact hin ;-)
326 21:54 < finnarne> k4x: Great
327 21:54 < k4x> s/hin/him/
328 21:54 < white> k4x: good, maybe he has a roadmap about the scheming stuff in debian
329 21:55 < k4x> white: lets continue
330 21:55 < white> last point
331 21:55 < white> to get a solution for 3.0 ready we need to get it into etch
332 21:55 < white> just beside
333 21:55 < k4x> white: ok, deadlines now!
334 21:55 < RalfG> unless we want to have our own repository like now
335 21:55 < white> etch will be frozen around this summer i guess, someone with the exact days?
336 21:56 < white> RalfG: which repository do you mean?
337 21:56 < finnarne> there was a mail to debian-devel@ the other day.
338 21:56 < white> RalfG: haven't we one?
339 21:56 < C14r> white: summer is very specific ...
340 21:56 < white> C14r: i guess july
341 21:56 < finnarne> N-117 = Mon 30 Jul 06: freeze essential toolchain, kernels
342 21:56 < finnarne> N-110 = Mon 7 Aug 06: freeze base, non-essential toolchain (including
343 21:56 < finnarne> e.g. cdbs)
344 21:56 < finnarne> N-105 = Mon 14 Aug 06: d-i RC [directly after base freeze]
345 21:56 < finnarne> N-45 = Wed 18 Oct 06: general freeze [about 2 months after base
346 21:56 < finnarne> freeze, d-i RC]
347 21:56 < finnarne> N = Mon 4 Dec 06: release [1.5 months for the general freeze]
348 21:56 < white> well it would cost me a lot of chocolate to talk to aba to get something else included :)
349 21:57 < RalfG> yep
350 21:57 < RalfG> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etch_(Debian)
351 21:57 < white> ok until etch
352 21:57 < RalfG> this leaves us 4 month
353 21:58 < white> you all know about the ArchivePolicy i guess and you know how to do things, just beside there shouldn't be any reason for other repositories
354 21:58 < finnarne> Does this mean that we have to have things done by August 7., or October 18. ?
355 21:58 < Werner> but not 4 months until uploading something into unstable..
356 21:58 < white> it should be uploaded 1 month before the freeze
357 21:59 < white> faster is better i guess
358 21:59 < RalfG> base freeze is Aug 7 I think. Oct 18 might be string freeze
359 21:59 < white> RalfG: i guess base freeze will affect us :(
360 21:59 < k4x> white: what does this mean? Give a date please!
361 22:00 < white> k4x: around 10 september i guess
362 22:00 < RalfG> white: I guess that it would be good to have the official package name up there anywhere
363 22:00 < white> one last point
364 22:00 < white> will we keep the "stable" package as we did with wlus? or will we use svn versions?
365 22:00 < RalfG> Mon 7 Aug 06: freeze base, non-essential toolchain (including e.g. cdbs)
366 22:00 < Werner> I believe uploading a new package into unstable a month before general freeze 10th of September is too late..
367 22:00 < white> i just want to collect it
368 22:00 < k4x> Werner: what is the date for last upload into unstable?
369 22:00 < white> Werner: yes might be
370 22:01 < white> k4x: well there is no *exact* date
371 22:01 < white> it depends on the package
372 22:01 < Werner> k4x: depends on the mumber of RC-bugs :)
373 22:01 < Werner> and the new queue processing..
374 22:01 < RalfG> usually it gets postponed by 1-6 months ;)
375 22:01 < Werner> and probably some other things as well..
376 22:01 < k4x> Werner: ok, openldap is it ready?
377 22:01 < white> what about the "stable" svn issue?
378 22:02 < white> i recommend to use svn version here as we have -test and stable pool
379 22:02 < white> k4x: openldap is buggy hehe
380 22:02 < Werner> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/05/msg00000.html
381 22:02 < white> k4x: RC bug :)
382 22:02 < k4x> who knows about RC bugs in openldap?
383 22:02 < finnarne> well, the sarge release of debian-edu was full of svn-versions, and that should not happen again
384 22:02 < white> finnarne: there aare many open wlus bugs,which are fixed in svn
385 22:02 < white> anyway we can discuss this issue later on
386 22:03 < finnarne> white: i dont want to be responsible for letting a new wlus out.
387 22:03 < white> :)
388 22:03 < C14r> :) I would like to thank you all participiants
389 22:03 < white> ok the meeting is over now, you are invited to continue
390 22:03 < RalfG> can we settle donw on a URL in wiki where to collect schemes and further steps with deadlines?
391 22:03 < white> but this is the official end, thanks for all the information input on this first overview meeting
392 22:03 < k4x> i think openldap » scheme » CupUX or openldap » CipUx » adding scheme is the way
393 22:04 < white> k4x: is there *a* way in life?
394 22:04 < white> *justkidding*
395 22:05 < RalfG> ways are made by walking, as kafka said
396 22:05 < k4x> thanks to all! goog night
397 22:05 < white> RalfG: kafka was interesting
398 22:05 < finnarne> wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Ldap is created
399 22:05 < Werner> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Admintool
400 22:06 * white goes back to contribution on 3.0 development
401 22:06 < C14r> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/CipUX/
402 22:06 < Werner> should we gather everything under Admintool/... ?
403 22:06 < Werner> well .. probably not.
404 22:06 < RalfG> mh shouldn't his be more connected?
405 22:06 < finnarne> Werner: good idea
406 22:06 < RalfG> or under Ldap?
407 22:06 < finnarne> Werner: you were choosen to decide
408 22:06 < RalfG> AdminTool would be a better WIkiName
409 22:07 < finnarne> AdminTool is a good name, and then under there, there should be AdminTool/LdapSchemas
410 22:07 < RalfG> very well
411 22:07 < RalfG> Schemas or Schemes?
412 22:07 < RalfG> grammer?
413 22:07 < RalfG> e/a
414 22:08 < RalfG> or Schemata?
415 22:10 < RalfG> Maybe we also want to create a subpage /Team. You might want to use the TaskForceTeamTemplate ;)
416 22:10 < RalfG> white: of course the team page should have a link as well
417 22:11 < white> RalfG: i am looking forward to see you expanding the Team page ;)