The meeting took place on #debian-edu (irc.debian.org), on 2010-11-01 (Monday) from 19.00 UTC to 20:00 UTC.
- Moderator: Holger Levsen
- Writing summary: Ole-Anders Andreassen
The full log is at http://meetbot.debian.net/debian-edu/2010/debian-edu.2010-01-11-19.01.log.html.
The automated summary is at http://meetbot.debian.net/debian-edu/2010/debian-edu.2010-01-11-19.01.txt.
- pere = Petter Reinholdtsen
- vagrantc = Vagrant Cascadian
- debalance = Philipp Huebner
- h01ger = Holger Levsen
- Werner = Morten Werner Forsbring
- and1bm Andreas Mundt
- jever = Jürgen Leibner
- OleA = Ole-Anders Andreassen
- klausade = klaus ade johnstad
- janr (1) ??
- and1bm (1) ??
Meeting started by h01ger at 19:01:31 UTC. The full logs are available at http://meetbot.debian.net/debian-edu/2010/debian-edu.2010-01-11-19.01.log.html
1. please indicate your presence - who will write the summary?
- OleA will write the summary
2. lenny status
2.1 lenny status: #1409: Iceweasel does not save exception rule for https://www/lwat
<h01ger> according to the ticket, there is still work to do for #1409
<pere> I suspect it is working now, but an error is logged during installation anyway. The error is from snakeoil-on-ice executed within ltsp-make-client, and it fail because http://www is unavailable. I suspect the check in snakeoil-on-ice simply is checking things in the wrong order or something.
2.2 status lenny: 1408: Diskless Workstation not working yet
Bug #1408 seem to be the dumping ground for everything diskless related. The original problem was ldap connection related. But dvd installs should now be working.
Diskless workstations when using netinstall on real hard ware has meen working the last 3 weeks. There are strong indications that this bug is only related to install on vbox.
- debalance will check if #1408 is still there tomorrow
2.3 status lenny: 1138: We need to check and act on the non-free packages on the DVD
- h01ger said he was going to look at this (pere, 19:21:05)
- I created a wiki page to keep information on what we figured out for each non-free package. (pere, 19:21:34)
2.4 status lenny: 1415: Cannot unlock KDE lock session
- needs investigation, afaics
There was a bug (#534714) about missing /etc/pam.d/kde in Debian which caused the same behaviour. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=534714
The scenario of log-in working, but unlocking a session not, is when /etc/pam.d/kdm is there, but /etc/pam.d/kde is not
21:21 < klausade> aah. must test screenlock.... that doesn't work.
2.5 status lenny: 1412: Errors when building the LTSP chroot are not reported to the user
- ltsp-build-client failed to return an error, and thus the udeb failed to pass the error on.
- doesn't detect ltsp-build-client failures "every time"
- the bug being that it doesn't detect ltsp-build-client failures
Concludes #1412 still needs some work
Lets copy an image tonite, test it, and call it alpha3 tomorrow?
* h01ger will try to find a good moment to make an alpha3
If alpha3 looks promising, i'd like to see rc1 RSN. Where looks promising = not absolutly unreleasable.
5. any other business
5.1 any other business: should we modify lwat to allow editing passwords per default
- no agreement how we should deal with lwat + changing passwords. Needs more discussion, probably on the list.
<OleA> update the wiki about extending the range of statics? <h01ger> OleA, considering that the documentation for etch was (almost: a lot) worse, i dont think the documentation is a blocker per se. rather the opposite
5.2 AOB: should we test stable-proposed-updates by default in the CD image?
6. next meeting
- AGREED: next meeting, next monday, 19 utc (h01ger, 19:59:08)