The meeting took place on #debian-edu (irc.debian.org), on 2009-10-15 (Monday) from 19.00 UTC to 20:03 UTC.
- Moderator: Ronny Aasen
- Log collector: meetbot/Holger Levsen
- Writing summary: Holger Levsen
The full log is at http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Meeting/20091015/log.
- jever = Jürgen Leibner
- an3as = Andreas Tille
- danielsan = Daniel Hess
- h01ger = Holger Levsen
- pere = Petter Reinholdtsen
- sepski = Ronny Aasen
- klausade = Klaus Ade Johnstad
Topic 1: Who moderates the meeting and who writes the summary?
sep and h01ger
Topic 2: Lenny status
holger agreed to make a rt ticket to add "lenny" as a version to our bugzilla, which by now was done by white.
we agreed to do a alpha0 prerelease, which was also done by now
we agreed that installation blockers should be set to p1
we agreed that stuff which we must fix for the release should be p2, stuff which can wait for a pointrelease (or later) shall be p3+
we agreed on the following (rough) timeline/procedure:
agree on some timeline with an somewhat ambitious aim (ie mid november), so that we make it by december 31st :-D
- publish the ambitious timeline on debian-devel-announce and call for translations of the manual and for help to fix #311188 for squeeze
- find agreement that we do a almost perfect release now and fix the fancy stuff in a pointrelease 1-3 months later (once we have enough fixes) (we need to release somewhat soon, we (=our lenny release) is becoming obsolete, people have started to install pure debian instead..)
h01ger volunteered to step up as RM (release manager) and deal with bug priorities as discussed above
h01ger will write a mail to d-d-a
Topic 3: Gathering in Oslo 30 oct
Topic 4: Certification
k4x who proposed this topic wasnt here, so we skipped it
Topic 5: other business?
the project is running out of funding for gatherings, and we need to do something to get more funding. see http://www.linuxiskolen.no/slxdebianlabs/donations.html
http://medlem.friprogramvareiskolen.no/index.php but i am not 100% sure i trust it yet (sepski, 19:58:20)
Topic 6: Next meeting?
AGREED: 21 CET (20 UTC), november 15th
you can volunteer for chairing and writing the summary today! just reply to this mail