This meeting took place on #debian-edu on 2009-03-16 from 20.00 utc until 21:10 utc.
- Moderator: Holger Levsen
- Log collector: meetbot
- Summary writer: Ronny Aasen
- h01ger = Holger Levsen
- sepski = Ronny Aasen
- vagrantc = Vagrant Cascadian
- klausade = klaus ade johnstad
- itais = José L. Redrejo
- alfton = Alf Tonny Bätz
- an3as = Andreas Tille
- Who moderates the meeting and who writes the summary?
etch: how to deal with #1336 (also in lenny)
- etch r2 cds?
ltsp features to backport (Vagrant)
- other business?
- Documentation: What's inside Debian Edu
- Next meeting?
Log is available at http://meetbot.debian.net/meetbot/debian-edu.log.20090316_2004.html
1. etch r2 cds
It was agreed to not focus on etch r2, the etch builds are disabled. We are all concentrating on lenny
2. etch: how to deal with #1336
A change was introduced in etch, where a bugfix changes the default behaviour in lwat(1). we will revert the change. Holger will upload lwat 0.17-2~nmu+1.
3. lenny status
holger mentioned http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Status/Lenny as a good list of things that need helping hands, stuff from easy to hard. if you want to get Debian Edu lenny released soon(er or later), please take a look and join in! often testing (if a bug is gone or still there) is an excellent help already!
- Ronny noted that cd700's with network should be possible to test. the netinstalls are not working properly yet. the dvd have not seen much testing.
- lwat requires new features to support the ldap controled services we have in lenny.
- We need testers. Both for installations, and for upgrades. The edu spesific upgrade path needs documentation.
4. ltsp features to backport
vagrant have asked on the lists  about the need for backporting ltsp for lenny. it was agreed that vagrant will look into backporting the ltsp udeb to make the installer more intuitive.
5 Documentation: What's inside Debian Edu
There was some discussion about the task pages  set up by Andreas Tille. About their intended audience, and purpose. It was generaly agreed that they should be linked from more sources. like the wiki, the documentation, and the public website . Andreas also noted that the Debian Description Translation Project needs more translators. there are curently no norwegian translations at all.
next meeting when
Besides the real life meeting in bergen, the next irc meeting will be on monday, april 13th, 20:00 UTC (22:00 CET)