Meeting Minutes

The meeting took place on #debian-edu (, on 2007-11-26 (monday) from 19.00 UTC to 20:09 UTC. It completed in 1 hours and 9 minutes.

The full log is not yet copied here.



  1. Who writes the summary?
  2. status of r1
    1. remaining p2 bugs: #1267
    2. have we done enough testing
    3. status of PR work and release notes
      1. inactive contact addresses
      2. news on are very old

    4. anything else
  3. plans for post-r1
  4., see #440575 / this howto

  5. Next meeting?


1. Who writes the summary?

In absents of any other volunteer Daniel Hess volunteered to write this summary.

2. Status of r1

2.1. Remaining p2 bugs: #1267

No one of the attendees was able to reproduce the bug while testing r1. Holger suggests to do one more test with the current Etch CD. If the bug does not appear it will be tagged unreproducible.

2.2. Have we done enough testing?

Now that 3.0r1 is almost final some testing is needed before the release can happen. It was agreed, that the release should be delayed until Friday. That means, that the final testing has to happen until Thursday. Reports on installations and feedback on the changes since r0 are very welcome. One can get a current DVD image with this command:

 nice rsync -vt debian-edu-amd64-i386-powerpc-DVD-1.iso

2.3. Status of PR work and release notes

The release notes and the press release need to be polished for the release. Holger will send an email to the pr people and ask for they help. Volunteers can find the release notes and press release in the wiki.

2.3.1. Inactive contact addresses

The contacts listed in the press release may be outdated. It was suggested to require all contacts to respond to a ping email for them to stay listed. Beside that the local teams should check if the data for their country is still correct and suggest new once if necessary.

2.4. News on are very old

As the news on that website are more like olds currently, it is agreed, that some work there is needed. Petter points to for more information about who can modify that website. Jürgen volunteers to work on that. It is agreed, that he should send an email to the www-int mailinglist and request the needed write access to the websites.

2.5. Anything else

The meeting agrees on that there has been done a good job with r1.

3. Plans for post-r1

Petter saith that work on marketing material would be good. He also suggests that the frequency of the development gatherings should be increased. Holger will ask for a meeting in Extremadura (Spain) in 2008. Petter remarks, that there is a gathering discussed to take place in Narvik in January. It is agreed, that everyone should work on planning gatherings.

The build of CD images for Lenny is ready and waits for the ftp-masters to set up the archive for Lenny. This is delayed until after the 3.0r1 release. Holger suggests to work really hard on releasing r1 on Friday, so he could work on the upgrade of the archive software and the preparation of the archive for Lenny on the weekend.

Other important plans for Lenny are in the roadmap.

4., see #440575

Holger suggests to set up a package overview page similar to He suggests as the hostname. Petter saith he would like to have it somewhere on and points to the dnsnames list. It is agreed, that we want such a webinterface. Holger will set it up.

5. Next meeting?

The next meeting is in seven days if we fail to release r1 before that. Otherwise it is somewhen in the next year (that is 2008).

6. Any other business

Petter is calling everyone to join NUUG at the FSCONS.