[19:06:24] <danielsan> #topic Short introduction to mootbot/meetbot who will help with the logs and the minutes
[19:06:58] <danielsan> seems to work :)
[19:07:40] <danielsan> should we try?
[19:07:42] <pere> danielsan: yeah
[19:08:50] <danielsan> if i've understand it correctly, it has just began to collect the log, so please /me = name again
[19:08:57] * danielsan = Daniel Hess
[19:08:58] * pere = Petter Reinholdtsen
[19:09:10] * sepski = Ronny Aasen
[19:09:34] <h01ger> hu?
[19:09:36] <h01ger> today?
[19:09:50] <sepski> h01ger, typo in the topic. wedensday 8/10
[19:09:57] * h01ger cheers
[19:10:08] <h01ger> i thought it was wednesday.. oh well
[19:10:34] * h01ger = Holger Levsen
[19:10:40] <sepski> dont know what the summary on mail said, i was just as suprised as you, was just about to logoff when pere mentioned the meet bot and today
[19:10:57] <h01ger> should we move it to wednesday?
[19:11:23] * pere just based it on the IRC topic
[19:11:30] <sepski> you think we'd get more then 4 people then ?
[19:11:58] <pere> 4 people is about regular, so I doubt delaying it will get us more people.
[19:12:24] * h01ger wanted to leave the house at 21oo. /me blames some server for not doing so.. :)
[19:12:45] <pere> summary say: the next meeting on Monday, October, the 8th at 1900 UTC unless someone complains.
[19:13:53] <danielsan> if we wait longer we will not finish it until 22:00 CEST :)
[19:14:19] <sepski> well we either do it or don't i too was planned on beeing somewhere else, but ill stay for the meeting if it's going to be now
[19:14:29] <danielsan> are you all going to stay here for the meeting today?
[19:14:50] <pere> lets roll with the meeting, and make it quick.
[19:14:57] <jever> jever = J├╝rgen Leibner
[19:15:19] <pere> is there an URL documenting the mootbot?
[19:15:23] <sepski> h01ger, want to say something about the meetbot, or do you want to leave ?
[19:15:42] <h01ger> danielsan copes with meetbot quite well it seems :)
[19:15:44] <pere> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScribesTeam/MootBot
[19:15:45] <h01ger> but ok
[19:16:10] <h01ger> #link http://meetbot.debian.net/meetbot/
[19:16:26] <h01ger> #action holger will setup a page about meetbot on wiki.debian.org
[19:16:48] <h01ger> and only danielsan, who is the chair and started with #startmeeting, can issue #action and #agreed
[19:17:04] <h01ger> also danielsan will have to say #endmeeting in the end
[19:17:17] <h01ger> and then there will be logs and pre-minutes at http://meetbot.debian.net/meetbot/
[19:17:19] <danielsan> h01ger: i think it sould be in my scope :)
[19:17:38] <danielsan> #action holger will setup a page about meetbot on wiki.debian.org
[19:17:38] <h01ger> those "pre-minutes" need to be edited and enhanced, but are really good to write the minutes fast
[19:17:47] <h01ger> thats it from me
[19:17:57] <h01ger> oh, that page will also feature wishlists ;)
[19:18:11] <h01ger> #topic is also only for danielsan
[19:18:23] <danielsan> h01ger: oh, ok
[19:18:25] <h01ger> (it doesnt change /topic __yet__ :)
[19:18:29] <danielsan> move on?
[19:18:31] <h01ger> yes
[19:18:42] <danielsan> #topic 3.0 r1 status?
[19:19:11] <danielsan> ok, anyone anything about status?
[19:19:30] * h01ger looks at http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/roadmap which covers the status quite well (plus bugzilla)
[19:19:35] * danielsan is still busy, but near the end, so i hope to be available again soon
[19:19:39] <sepski> i'v not had time to test anything else last 4 days
[19:19:40] <pere> I've been working with Werner and the #debian-boot time on the adaptec issue
[19:20:06] <pere> I believe a working workaround is in place in debian-edu-install, and a different fix might make it into etch.
[19:20:08] <sepski> but except for #1258 it's been good for me,
[19:20:16] <danielsan> #action pere is working on the adaptec issue
[19:20:37] * h01ger slowly started to work on d-e-doc - btw, it seems i found someone who is willing to translate to german. we'll see but it looks hopeful :)
[19:20:42] <danielsan> #link http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/roadmap
[19:20:57] <sepski> #1258 seams to be a race that only affects few people. only myself that i know of until now. and i think we can ignore it if nobody else can reproduce it
[19:21:07] <sepski> http://bugs.skolelinux.no/show_bug.cgi?id=1258
[19:21:08] <pere> the current understanding of the problem do not cover all the reported issues, so there might be other problems yet to be solved, or the problem reports might include misunderstandings.
[19:22:20] <danielsan> i think important ideas should be on a "#idea" line, right?
[19:22:21] <h01ger> pere, you still talking about #1258, right?
[19:22:41] <pere> #1254, actually.
[19:22:48] <h01ger> ups
[19:22:51] <h01ger> sorry
[19:23:08] <h01ger> our bts doesnt have many p1+p2 issues (three, i think), and the roadmap is also mostly done/postponed.
[19:23:20] <pere> #1258 I know nothing about. no idea why it fail, nor how to reproduce it. it does not fail in my qemu testing.
[19:23:38] <pere> I can install thin client servers without any hang.
[19:24:03] * h01ger agrees with sepski to ignore #1258 if noone else is ever hit :)
[19:24:07] <sepski> qemu dont work properly on my machine so i have not tried that. hangs all the time on vmware. have not tried real hardware
[19:24:22] <sepski> h01ger, well only me and pere have tried so it's a 50% hit
[19:25:27] <danielsan> maybe we could get after bugs like that in spain?
[19:25:33] * h01ger thinks we'll have enough chance to reproduce it in extremadura. and this will still be before r1, right?!
[19:25:36] <sepski> i suggest we move the packages and test the etch cd
[19:26:45] <pere> I hope to get one successful report on adaptec before requesting a pushi of the -install package
[19:26:46] * danielsan thinks we sould release r1 after extremadura, as we currently seem to be low on manpower
[19:26:59] <pere> danielsan: yeah, good idea.
[19:27:09] * h01ger nods. there are no requests for packages to be moved at http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Status/Etch though
[19:27:22] <h01ger> winnie, do you want lwat 0.16 in etch? we do :)
[19:27:56] <pere> brushing up the documentation is very important now.
[19:28:00] <h01ger> winnie, do you want slbackup-php 0.3.1-1.edu.etch.1 in etch?
[19:28:10] <pere> #link http://wiki.skolelinux.no/DebianEdu/Documentation/Etch
[19:28:27] * h01ger knows he wont have much time this week. taxes!
[19:28:29] <danielsan> so r1 after or during spain? (is this a agreed line?)
[19:28:40] <sepski> what about ? debian-edu-archive-keyring
[19:28:55] <h01ger> sep, d-e-a-k can be moved, but its not important
[19:29:07] <h01ger> only minor packaging changes
[19:29:28] <sepski> okay
[19:29:40] * h01ger agrees with r1 after spain
[19:30:15] <sepski> not during ?
[19:30:34] <h01ger> no
[19:30:53] <h01ger> we wont party more because of it. and we should test+do as much as possible
[19:31:16] <danielsan> #agreed etch r1 after the meeting in spain
[19:31:28] <h01ger> do=as in write the doc (search for FIXME in the wiki, you'll get >10 hits) and as in translate the doc
[19:32:45] <danielsan> we have extremadura later on the agenda and h01ger has prepared a page with a schedule, so move on?
[19:32:52] <h01ger> pere, uh. is the very last comment on #1261 to be taken for real? (getting unstable with different i2o driver..)
[19:32:54] <pere> how much time do people have to spend on skolelinux these days? I got perhaps 1-2 hours a week at the moment.
[19:33:40] * h01ger a bit more but not much. i need to catchup quite some video work..
[19:33:46] * danielsan has not much time currently, but will have more again in a week or so
[19:33:52] <pere> h01ger: I do not have the explanation for that one. but there is dpt_i2o and i2o_core involved in the adaptec issue, and I have no idea about the effect of switching between them.
[19:34:16] <h01ger> pere, ack
[19:34:28] <danielsan> pere: does anyone has access to the hardware now?
[19:34:42] <sepski> it varies. but usualy 3-4 h a week, some weeks more, some weeks nothing, but work slow since i need to learn while doing.
[19:34:43] <danielsan> there was talk about a spare controller
[19:35:11] <pere> danielsan: yes, Werner does in my next door office.
[19:35:38] <h01ger> pere, what does the time question to do with anything? ;) imo r1 is quite ready, except for those few open bugs and the doc. and we need to prepare PR. independently of how much time we have...
[19:35:49] <pere> danielsan: so we figured out what is the problem with the installer, at least, and Werner is working with the debian-boot people to find a future proof fix.
[19:36:02] <danielsan> pere: cool
[19:36:14] <pere> h01ger: just to get an idea of how many man-hours we have available until spain and r1.
[19:36:45] <pere> h01ger: I agree that r1 is quite ready, but as always, the devil is in the details, and the more time we spend on fixing the details, the better the release will be. :)
[19:36:57] * h01ger nods
[19:37:42] <pere> so, more on the status?
[19:38:13] <danielsan> #topic extremadura
[19:38:44] <danielsan> does not seem so :)
[19:39:04] <h01ger> we covered the adaptec (sufficiently?)?
[19:39:18] <pere> #link http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Extremadura2007
[19:39:22] <pere> h01ger: yes, I believe so.
[19:39:29] <danielsan> #link http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Extremadura2007/Schedule
[19:39:39] <h01ger> what daniel just said
[19:39:43] <pere> everyone, please update your arrival times. should we add departure times too?
[19:39:54] <h01ger> that schedule is just a skeleton atm...
[19:40:12] <h01ger> pere, i dont think so.. the junta de extremadura will organize our leaves
[19:40:13] <pere> link it from the main page.
[19:40:26] <h01ger> pere, as soon as there is content :)
[19:40:59] <h01ger> i've created that prelimary schedule, so we can plan stuff we want to do, be able to offer workshops, etc
[19:41:13] <h01ger> and i pointed cesar to it, so he can fill it with real data
[19:41:46] <h01ger> next topic?
[19:41:52] <sepski> h01ger, since i need to be in bmadrid airport at 0600 on the 21 i hope that bus on sunday is more flexible
[19:41:58] <sepski> :)
[19:42:27] <danielsan> my flight leaves at 20:30 :)
[19:42:36] <h01ger> sepski, worst case they'll order a taxi just for you, which can leave whenever you want. happened at the last qa-meeting. dont worry :)
[19:42:51] <sepski> as long as i can sleep in it i'm ok :)
[19:43:21] <h01ger> (and badajoz was/is further away from madrid than merida..)
[19:44:00] <danielsan> fine, anyone anything more on this topic?
[19:44:17] <pere> lets move on.
[19:44:19] <danielsan> #topic Settle on one way of spelling Debian Edu
[19:44:31] <pere> did everyone read the bug report?
[19:44:36] <danielsan> #link http://bugs.skolelinux.no/show_bug.cgi?id=1237
[19:45:11] * danielsan did
[19:45:40] <pere> it is my understanding that Debian Edu is the most 'English' way of writing it, and because of this I try to use that method myself.
[19:45:51] <danielsan> "DebianEdu" and "Debian Edu" are not that different
[19:46:38] <pere> DebianEdu is the natural way to use in wiki links, but it does not need to affect how we write it in flowing text.
[19:46:40] <danielsan> why not declare them to be the same and use the first one for urls and other stuff where whitespaces are not that nice and the later one for page content and so on?
[19:46:55] * h01ger nods danielsan
[19:47:05] * finnarne = Finn-Arne Johansen
[19:47:19] <h01ger> that way we can keep the wiki-urls and have a nice spellng in normal text :)
[19:47:25] <finnarne> Good evening
[19:47:37] <sepski> h01ger, lets agree on that and be done with it :)
[19:48:02] <pere> yeah. Debian Edu as the default, and DebianEdu when Debian Edu do not work.
[19:48:29] * jever agrees danielsan too
[19:48:31] <h01ger> yeah :)
[19:48:33] <pere> and this of course do not affect the debian packages, which will still be named debian-edu
[19:48:34] <h01ger> hey finnarne
[19:48:44] <h01ger> pere, LOL
[19:48:50] <h01ger> +oh noes
[19:49:31] <pere> so, we have an agreement to use Debian Edu in documentation?
[19:49:44] * pere is in favor, obviously.
[19:49:57] * danielsan thinks so
[19:50:13] * sepski thinks this is a good time to test meetbots vote function :P
[19:50:57] <sepski> im in favor
[19:50:57] * h01ger has disabled it
[19:51:02] <pere> haha.
[19:51:12] <h01ger> just not patched the text yet
[19:51:12] <danielsan> #agreed to use "Debian Edu" where possible
[19:51:28] * h01ger will update the bug if noone else does
[19:51:46] <pere> so, who is responsible for picking the next meeting date?
[19:52:01] <pere> it should be after spain, but someone should be the initiator.
[19:52:03] <danielsan> #topic next meeting
[19:52:41] <danielsan> #idea next meeting after spain
[19:52:58] <sepski> think that's sensible
[19:53:31] <pere> 1-2 weeks after spain? we should have r1 out by then. :)
[19:54:20] <danielsan> 2 weeks after spain, that is the 5th of november?
[19:54:32] <pere> any volunteers to take the initiative for a meeting after spain, if we fail to pick a date today?
[19:54:33] <danielsan> or should we use an other weekday?
[19:54:42] <sepski> that's right after the meeting in oslo if i am not mistaken
[19:55:17] <pere> yeah. perhaps we should delay an irc meeting until after the oslo meeting too?
[19:55:17] <sepski> danielsan, i think mondays was a good day when looking at http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Meeting/VoteForDate
[19:55:26] <sepski> pere, or have one inbetween ?
[19:55:37] <pere> there is only two weeks between them.
[19:55:40] <sepski> 29/10 is monday a week after spain, and a week before oslo
[19:55:47] <sepski> yeah a bit short.
[19:55:58] <pere> I'm away 29-30.
[19:56:26] <sepski> how about 12/11 then ?
[19:56:52] <pere> could work for me.
[19:57:01] <danielsan> for me too
[19:57:03] <h01ger> danielsan i can always set up a cronjob that will remind me:
[19:57:13] <h01ger> 0 12 5 10 * echo "edu meeting 08102007 1900 utc, mail reminder senden"
[19:57:27] <sepski> pere, you prefer weekends ? i see on Vote page
[19:58:01] <sepski> oh no your listed 2 nevermind me
[19:58:12] <danielsan> h01ger: i even have a palm for reminders that i don't use :)
[19:58:52] <sepski> h01ger, danielsan anything against 12/11 ?
[19:58:59] <h01ger> 12/11 is also after oslo :)
[19:59:04] <h01ger> sepski, no
[19:59:30] <sepski> h01ger, yeah its 5 weeks, but there are 2 rl meetings inbetween so...
[19:59:41] <danielsan> ok, should we fix 12th of november, 20 UTC (21 CEST)?
[19:59:55] <danielsan> s/CEST/CET/
[19:59:56] <sepski> danielsan, yes
[20:00:33] <danielsan> h01ger: how about you?
[20:02:05] <sepski> h01ger, danielsan anything against 12/11 ?
[20:02:05] <sepski> sepski, no
[20:02:18] <danielsan> oh, sorry :)
[20:02:21] <danielsan> #agreed next meeting on november, 12th at 20 UTC (21 CET)
[20:02:41] <danielsan> anything more?
[20:03:09] <sepski> if not im goign to run
[20:03:11] <pere> nah. :)
[20:03:32] <danielsan> ok, then thanks all for attending, and h01ger for the meetbot :)