The meeting took place on #debian-edu (irc.debian.org), on 2007-10-08 (monday) from 19.06 UTC to 20:03 UTC. It completed in 0 hours and 57 minutes.
- Moderator: Daniel Hess
- Log collector: meetbot/h01ger
- Writing summary: Ronny Aasen
The full log is at http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Meeting/20071008/log.
- pere = Petter Reinholdtsen
- danielsan = Daniel Hess
- sepski = Ronny Aasen
- h01ger = Holger Levsen
- jever = Jürgen Leibner
- finnarne = Finn-Arne Johansen
- Short introduction to mootbot/meetbot who will help with the logs and the minutes (h01ger)
- 3.0 r1 status?
- documentation status
- other bugs in our bugzilla which we need to fix (redefining priorities)
- Next meeting
The meetbot collected data a be found here.
Short introduction to mootbot/meetbot who will help with the logs and the minutes
- Holger has setup up an IRC bot named "meetbot", which listens to commands and collects the log. With the commands meetbot can be instructed to keep track of the current topic discussed, important ideas, actions someone wants to take (volunteered to do something), agreements that where found and links to webpages with further informations. Holger will setup a page about meetbot on wiki.debian.org.
3.0 r1 status?
- It was agreed to postpone the release of r1 until after the meeting in spain, due to lack of manpower. Hopefully we all will be able to spend time on polishing the r1 release. The Documentation  still needs a lot of work. Contributions are very welcome. And this is an area where the users of Debian Edu can easily contribute. Holger commented that the roadmap  is quite up to date on the remaining issues. Sep suggested to ignore #1258  if nobody else is able to reproduce the bug. Testers are welcome. Good news for everyone with the "adaptec issue" is that #1254  will be fixed in r1.
- Holger created a prelimary schedule  We can use it to plan events/talks for extremadura. It's also wanted that everyone update their arrivaltime in the wiki 
Settle on one way of spelling Debian Edu
Bug #1237  is resolved. It was setteled to use the most 'English' way of writing. So we urge everyone to try and be consistent in writing and translations. Use "Debian Edu" in written text, and DebianEdu in URL's and other places where spaces are not desireable.
- The next meeting should be after the two real live meetings in Mérida (Spain) and Oslo (Norway). As Mondays seem to work for most people it was decided, that: Next meeting will take place on Monday November, 12th at 20 UTC (21 CET) (#debian-edu at irc.debian.org) We hope that many will set their alarms and attend.