The meeting took place on #debian-edu (irc.debian.org), on 2007-09-10 (monday) from 18.00 UTC to 18:58 UTC. It completed in 0 hours and 58 minutes.
- Moderator: Petter Reinholdtsen
- Log collector: Holger Levsen
- Writing summary: Daniel Hess
The full log is at http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Meeting/20070910/log.
- pere = Petter Reinholdtsen
- klausade = Klaus Ade Johnstad
- danielsan = Daniel Hess
- zobel = Martin Zobel-Helas
Andreas = Andreas Tille (later changed nick to ?AnTi)
- Status of 3.0r1 release
Release notes up to date and ready for translators? (Petter)
- Next step to use cdd-dev tool (Andreas)
- Plans for live images (Petter)
- Next meeting?
1. Status of 3.0r1 release
- Petter reports, that the biggest blocker for the r1 release seems to be the lack of time. There are several fixes waiting in etch-test, that should be pushed into stable. The new documentation package is really needed (see next point) and some bugs (like the password bug in lwat) needs to be fixed. To get a better overview over the bugs in bugzilla, one would need to sort them and make sure that only the one that should be fixed in r1 are P1-P2 bugs. Also the problem with the adaptec raid-controllers reported on the mailing list should get fixed.
2. Release notes up to date and ready for translators?
- The release notes on
http://wiki.skolelinux.no/DebianEdu/Documentation/Etch need some more work. Petter saith, that if everyone could have a look and improve it, we could have good release notes soon. Anyone who has time to check the release notes is asked to let the mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org) know that the manual was checked and if it is believed to be ready for translation.
3. Next step to use cdd-dev tool
- Andreas reports, that version 0.4 of cdd-dev is now in testing (aka lenny). To use the cdd-dev package in Skolelinux the debian-edu packages would need to get debian/rules and optionally the Makefile replaced. Andreas suggests to do this after the release of r1. Petter has no objections, as long as the generated control files, the tasksel task and the package list do not change. Andreas suggests, that generalising the live cd stuff could be for other CDDs. But this is something to talk about in Extremadura.
4. Plans for live images
- Petter reports, that he has looked at the live cd/dvd situation. The standalone image is working fine. Some cfengine rules are incomplete, as some config changes are made out of the maintainer scripts and d-i hooks. As this changes do not show up on the live cd they need to be moved to the debian-edu-config package. The kernel NFS server has some problems with the underlaying unionfs, but using the user space nfsd may change the situation here. There are also problems with the network setup, that break bind9, squid, slapd and others. Petter is working on that, but would welcome help from others. The goal is to have a CD (or more properly a DVD) which contains main-server+thin-client-server profiles with low-fat workstation support, so that the whole Skolelinux experience can be lived live from the DVD.
5. Next meeting?
- After the low attendance at this meeting, a new time and weekday should be found, to enable more people to attend to the meetings. A call for votes should be started on the mailing list. To not depend on the outcome of this vote, the next meeting was set to: Wednesday, the 26th September 19:00 UTC (21:00 CEST) at #debian-edu on irc.debian.org.