The meeting took place on #debian-edu (irc.debian.org), on 2007-08-13 (monday) from 18.00 UTC to 19:30UTC. It completed in 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Please volunteer for an administrative task, fill in your name below.
Log collector: HolgerLevsen
- Writing summary:
The full log is at http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Meeting/20070813/log.
- pere = Petter Reinholdtsen
- klausade = Klaus Ade Johnstad
- danielsan = Daniel Hess
- winnie = Patrick Winnertz
- sepski = Ronny Aasen
- Werner = Morten Werner Olsen
If you put an item on the agenta, please put your name next to it so the moderator can know who should explain what the item is about.
- Who can write the summary?
- Status of press coverage
- Preparing for release 3.0r1
- rough schedule
- Core Team should sign up for NM (become DD)
- debian-edu-doc - include .txt versions if possible? or not?
- version number and code name for the next release
- developing a development strategy for lenny
- cd builds
how to make solutions for #311188 a release goal
- starting a wiki page with our release goals for lenny
- edu point releases in lenny (h01ger has a plan for that)
- what else?
- Extremadura 2007
- exceptions for some packages to move to stable?
- Next meeting?
1. Who can write the summary?
- As only four out of the attendees where online at the beginning of the meeting nobody volunteered to write the summary as the log would have been sufficient short. It turned out different, ...
2. Status of press coverage
- Patrick reports about the German press coverage. The German announcement published on some Websites mentions Cipux but not LWAT as a new alternative administration tool.
3. Preparing for release 3.0r1
- Patrick reports that there are some patches for slbackup-php and LWAT. As they would improve the softwares usability, it would be good to include the updated packages. Patrick also reports about a installation on amd64. While hitting enter at the boot-prompt would choose the right architecture (i386 vs. amd64) entering special options like 'debian-edu-expert' would always boot the i386 installer. As this is not a directly a bug and handled the same way in Debian Etch, the documentation will be updated to point to the correct boot options (e.g. 'amd64-expertgui' as replacement for 'expertgui'). Petter wants to include the livecd which was created after the r0 release. To track the things needed for the r1 release the existing Wikipage
4. Core Team should sign up for NM (become DD)
- The currently active team consists only partly of Debian Developers. As more and more of Debian-Edu/Skolelinux gets into the official Debian archive it would be good to have more official DDs. So all contributers who are currently not either DD or in the New Maintainer process should consider signing up for NM to get DDs.
5. debian-edu-doc - include .txt versions if possible? or not?
- It has been suggested to include a plaintext version of the official documentation within the debian-edu-doc package. As the package already contains a PDF and a HTML version (which could be dumped to plaintext with lynx or similar programms) an plaintext version is currently not considered necessary and would only represent the same information in a third format.
6. version number and code name for the next release
- The updated r1 release of Terra does not need a new version number or code name and the lenny version has still some time to go. So no decision where made on this point. (This could/should be a point for a later meeting)
7. developing a development strategy for lenny
- As we where short of time this point was not much talked about either. It was suggested to work on this at the proposed Meeting in Extremadura (or at a later irc meeting). At the end of the meeting the end of this month or the beginning of the next month was set as the rough release date for r1 (if the documentation is in a suitable condition).
8. Extremadura 2007
- Patrick has talked with stockholm (Andreas Schuldei) about getting debian-edu into an Extremadura session. As there are already as much teams as slots signed up, we would need to join an other team. Currently it looks like a good idea to join the CDD team. Patrick will get more information about the timeslot we may get into until the end of the week and then send a mail with the new informations to
9. exceptions for some packages to move to stable?
- There are some fixed packages and updates of modified packages which patches are now in unstable that should go to the stable release. Furthermore the updated documentation and artwork should be included in r1. It was discussed what could be the best way to get packages moved while not introducing new bugs. It was decided to send an E-Mail for
every packages that should be updated to email@example.com with a summary about the changes and why it should go. To make it more visible a fixed subject like ':Stable update proposal: packagename' should be used. Other users/developers who are already using the package than could follow-up with their experience so this information could be used to decide if an updated package should be moved.
10. Next meeting?
- The next meeting is on Thursday the 23th august at 18:00 UTC (20:00 CEST)