1 21:14 -!- finnarne
2 21:15 < finnarne> OK, lets start by finding who's here ?
3 21:15 < white> i am here
4 21:15 < pwinnertz_> i am here, too
5 21:15 * sepski too
6 21:16 < finnarne> ok, 4 people, this will be a short meeting :)
7 21:17 < pwinnertz_> pere is ill, isn't he?
8 21:17 < finnarne> we have a short agenda as well.
9 21:17 < sepski> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Meeting/20060306 (for the log)
10 21:19 < finnarne> First point on the agenda is "New Release (current status?)"
11 21:19 < finnarne> Anyone tested RC2 ?
12 21:19 < white> finnarne: rc2 is in use here in germany
13 21:19 < white> finnarne: the skolelinux table gave it out to some customers
14 21:19 < sepski> i have installed it on dual Xeon P4 celeron P2 and not had any issues
15 21:19 < pwinnertz_> finnarne: i tested it too in school and i it works fine
16 21:20 < white> finnarne: maybe we should wait one more week and then if there are no problems we can release it
17 21:20 < white> finnarne: then we make sure that some more people tested it in productive
18 21:20 < sepski> not tested more then a few thinclients on it tho. but i did try samba and i did connect ltsp servers using netgroups and all works as expected
19 21:21 < Werner> great that so many have tested it!
20 21:21 < sepski> i could put in in production, but im not allowed until i have usbstick support on thinclients :/
21 21:21 < white> what about releasing it in *one* week if there are no more RC bugs???
22 21:21 < finnarne> We have to fix some isolinux text files
23 21:22 < Werner> who can do that?
24 21:22 < finnarne> anyone
25 21:22 < white> pwinnertz_: ?
26 21:22 < pwinnertz_> white: ?
27 21:23 * white and Werner are working on dak :)
28 21:23 < white> pwinnertz_: can you fix the isolinux files?
29 21:23 < Werner> finnarne: you have the details?
30 21:23 < finnarne> I guess we need to do some branding as well,
31 21:23 * pwinnertz_ is working on abitur :)
32 21:23 < pwinnertz_> white: where find i those files... I will have a look on it
33 21:23 < finnarne> Werner: Yes, but I'm kind of tired, almost skipped this meeting ...
34 21:23 < white> pwinnertz_: some birds told me that you have time at the end of the week ;)
35 21:23 < Werner> finnarne: is there a bug ?
36 21:24 < pwinnertz_> white: yes? those bird must lie ;-) no where find i this isolinux files?
37 21:24 < finnarne> #1027
38 21:25 < Werner> finnarne: that must be wrong..
39 21:25 < finnarne> yes, it is
40 21:25 < sepski> is that realy a RC bug ? 1072
41 21:26 < finnarne> sepski: I think we need to look into givin this bird a name as well
42 21:26 < finnarne> and they are releated
43 21:26 < Werner> finnarne: do you know if we can override the values or if we have to patch the tar-ball provided alongside debian-installer?
44 21:26 < white> finnarne: except the isolinux files is there some other stuff which has to be done before we can release?
45 21:26 < finnarne> white: not that I know of
46 21:27 < sepski> pere mentioned some new packages, but i dont know if he wanted them in this release or not
47 21:27 < finnarne> But I've mostly afk since we release rc2
48 21:27 < Werner> white: let's not discuss multiple issues at once..
49 21:27 < white> kk
50 21:28 < finnarne> NOone who volunteers to look on how to do some branding, (and maybe fix #1072 as well...) ?
51 21:28 < finnarne> Werner: what about documentation ?
52 21:29 < sep> ''<pere>'' the new ltsp package should have quicker boot, nicer login screen and a few minor fixes.
53 21:29 < sep> ''<pere>'' available from <URL: http://developer.skolelinux.no/~pere/debian/packages/
54 21:29 < Werner> hmm .. we're talking about klausade's driftsbook?
55 21:30 < finnarne> Werner: and the plone/wiki issue, I guess.
56 21:30 < finnarne> Maybe we should leave it for later
57 21:30 < finnarne> sep: I dont think we wil include those now
58 21:30 < sepski> okay
59 21:30 < Werner> finnarne: we've slowly started to move pages to wiki.debian.org/
60 21:30 < Werner> finnarne: the norwegian branding does not exist atm. :/
61 21:31 < finnarne> Werner: I know, I rewrote the Download page ...
62 21:31 < Werner> in the wiki ?
63 21:31 < finnarne> But lets move on to the next issue, archive handling, and take websites at the end .
64 21:31 < finnarne> Werner: (yes)
65 21:31 < Werner> well .. we should finish the #1072, but conclude that someone should do this.
66 21:31 -!- sep
67 21:31 < Werner> finnarne: good
68 21:32 < white> finnarne: i can make a summary about current status if you want
69 21:32 < Werner> white: please do ..
70 21:32 < finnarne> Werner: noone volunteered, It's bad, but that's current state
71 21:32 < white> we made some test uploads which went fine ...
72 21:32 < white> ... i am working on fixing some smaller problems, mail stuff writing a tool to get new accounts without su rights
73 21:32 < white> ...
74 21:33 < finnarne> white: but we will wait until 2.0 is released before we will start using it ?
75 21:33 < white> finnarne: yes
76 21:33 < white> after the fixes we will start to make cds from dak
77 21:33 < white> then i write to drift and we fix the last steps
78 21:33 < finnarne> only i386, or powerpc as well ?
79 21:33 < white> finnarne: we will have i386, ppc and amd64
80 21:34 < white> werner is working on the ftp server
81 21:34 < Werner> it should not be a problem to include more archs I believe, but we have no buildds that build packages automatically for us yet..
82 21:34 < white> Werner: i am working on that
83 21:34 < Werner> white: on buildds?
84 21:34 < white> Werner: and i think zobel and holger are also assigned to the buildd prob :)
85 21:34 < white> Werner: yes
86 21:34 < Werner> that is a buildd on a.skolelinux.org?
87 21:34 < finnarne> then I guess we could try to include a powerpc shortly after we've release 2.0
88 21:34 < Werner> finnarne: yes .. and probably a amd64 too.
89 21:35 < white> finnarne: i personally want to have support for amd64, i386 and ppc
90 21:35 < h01ger> do you think we can do an official ppc 2.0 release ?
91 21:35 < sepski> i have an alpha laying around if it's needed as a buildd if we'r interested in supporting alpha since it's unlikely to be needed
92 21:35 < white> and i am sure that we will have buildds for amd64 and ppc
93 21:35 < white> h01ger: i think so but after we released i386 version
94 21:36 < Werner> but I believe the archive discussion/information should be continued after we have released .. I think the info that is given here now is about what we need?
95 21:36 < finnarne> h01ger: I'll do a rebuild of stuff after 2.0, and see if I can get a powerpc working ...
96 21:36 < Werner> or if anyone have questions/comments, please..
97 21:36 < finnarne> Werner: I agreee
98 21:36 < white> the dak team is working on it and we will give howtos and explanation later
99 21:36 < Werner> next topic .. websites. I can do a short status summary..
100 21:36 < finnarne> I think wiki/website status is more important before the release
101 21:36 < white> so i think we can stop here or?
102 21:37 < Werner> white: we stop with archive-things now, yes :)
103 21:37 < Werner> for the international site, the plan is to migrate all content from skolelinux.org/portal to wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu and do full redirects from skolelinux.org to the wiki.
104 21:37 < Werner> does anyone disagree to that?
105 21:37 < finnarne> nope
106 21:38 < finnarne> :)
107 21:38 < white> i agree :=)
108 21:38 < Werner> I know there are some "project leaders" that have other wishes .. but they have not commented on the developer emaillist, so ..
109 21:38 < Werner> k4x: are you here?
110 21:39 < Werner> anyway we need more manpower to move the important content from the skolelinux.org/portal to the wiki..
111 21:39 < finnarne> klausade: you here ?
112 21:39 < pwinnertz_> Werner: i think a girl from our school is interested in that
113 21:39 < white> pwinnertz_: can you inform julia about that?
114 21:39 < Werner> white: you had a girl with a lot of free manpower? :)
115 21:39 < Werner> pwinnertz_: great..
116 21:39 < white> Werner: her name is julia
117 21:39 < white> pwinnertz_: can you talk to her tomorrow and give her a small introduction so that she can start working on it?
118 21:39 < pwinnertz_> white: yes i will talk to julia tomorrow.
119 21:40 < Werner> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/PagesToMoveHere
120 21:40 < white> pwinnertz_: fine
121 21:40 < Werner> pwinnertz_: great ..
122 21:40 < pwinnertz_> white: i will do and give here a complete introduction but i think she already started to work on wiki.debian.org, i'm not sure
123 21:40 < Werner> for the norwegian skolelinux.no website, there is a plan to install an own moinmoin-wiki and do some branding in norwegian..
124 21:40 < finnarne> should we do som cleanup on our "frontpage" like they did on http://wiki.debian.org/FrontPage ?
125 21:41 < Werner> finnarne: do you agree that it is a good solution?
126 21:41 < klausade> finnarne: yes, lurking in the background
127 21:41 < finnarne> Werner: I totally agree
128 21:41 < Werner> finnarne: sounds like a good idea!
129 21:41 < finnarne> klausade: how is the documentation status of "NewDriftBook" ?
130 21:42 < klausade> finnarne: i'm comfortable with it, compared to pr05 ....
131 21:42 < finnarne> so, the ltsp stuff needs rewriting ?
132 21:42 < klausade> finnarne: acctually it's pretty much out of sync with the upcomiong 2.0, mostly the new ltsp stuff.
133 21:43 -!- DbD
134 21:43 < Werner> I'll try to setup a norwegian wiki on skolelinux.no to have a place to do norwegian branding..
135 21:43 < Werner> white: I assume you already have the infrastructure in place to do the german information?
136 21:43 < Werner> and what about the french team?
137 21:44 < Werner> and greek?
138 21:44 < white> Werner: please make sure to have all devel info on wiki.debian.org ;)
139 21:44 < white> after we moved our services i will drive around and meet the whole german team and tell them how to contribute
140 21:44 < Werner> white: of course..
141 21:44 < finnarne> vagrantc: you still here ?
142 21:45 < white> so all of them can use the new and old services
143 21:45 < white> i will also talk to the french team after that
144 21:46 < vagrantc> finnarne: a little
145 21:46 < finnarne> vagrantc: could you help us on documenting the new ltsp stuf ?
146 21:46 < vagrantc> finnarne: i can try. it's hard to keep up with the ubuntu folks.
147 21:47 < finnarne> or are you still busy moving around ?
148 21:47 < vagrantc> i'm actually busy with full-time work till mid-april...
149 21:47 < finnarne> vagrantc: good for you, not so good for us ....
150 21:48 < vagrantc> i can probably commit to 4-8 hours a week.
151 21:49 < vagrantc> though documentation is not my strong point :)
152 21:49 < finnarne> vagrantc: I know your hours is longer than mine :)
153 21:49 -!- pere
154 21:49 < finnarne> vagrantc: ok,
155 21:50 < finnarne> then I guess we need to take a look through NewDriftBook, and see what's out of sync, and what we need to rewrite, and if we should leave something out ...
156 21:50 < finnarne> anyone who volunteer to help out on the documentation ?
157 21:50 < Werner> is the NewDriftBook in svn?
158 21:51 < klausade> finnarne: yes, we should.
159 21:51 < klausade> Werner: yes
160 21:51 < Werner> great!
161 21:51 < white> jip new drift book is really popular
162 21:52 < finnarne> or is it "NewDriftbok" ?
163 21:52 < white> NewDriftbook ;)
164 21:52 < klausade> it's NewDriftbook
165 21:53 < Werner> noone here volunteers to help out with the docs?
166 21:53 < klausade> Werner: i do :-)
167 21:53 < sepski> is it available on web ? i have been installing different kinds of profiles and could look tru some of it.
168 21:54 < sepski> well klausade would be much better suited tho :)
169 21:55 < Werner> klausade: superb! :)
170 21:55 < klausade> sepski: I could acctually need you as an english proof-reader, and technicall. (someone buy me a spellcheker..)
171 21:55 < Werner> sepski: I'm sure klausade could need some help.
172 21:56 < sepski> klausade, my girlfriend is rolling on the floor lafing at me proofreading anything :(
173 21:56 < sepski> but ill do my very best :)
174 21:56 < Werner> goodie ..
175 21:56 < Werner> do we have any other plans?
176 21:57 < Werner> s/plans/things for discussion/ ?
177 21:57 < Werner> I can inform that the next developergathering in Norway will be in Narvik 21th-23th of april
178 21:57 < Werner> http://d.skolelinux.no/info/prosjektet/delprosjekt/agenda_developergathering_2006-04.txt
179 21:57 < white> Werner: cool shall i write to drift?
180 21:58 < Werner> all that wants their travel costs reimbursed must write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
181 21:59 < Werner> so are we finished?
182 21:59 < finnarne> ok, should we end this meeting now, or should we decide on the next meeting ?
183 21:59 < Werner> next meeting is a good idea!
184 21:59 < white> finnarne: maybe deciding it by vote again?
185 21:59 < white> Werner: do you have some spare time after the meeting or are you right busy with real life?
186 21:59 < finnarne> I think we agreed on keeping the meeting on a 2 week schedule, at lest until we release ?
187 21:59 < pwinnertz_> Werner: by vote is better, since we are here only 4 persons this is quite less
188 21:59 < Werner> haven't we found a suitable day with the last vote?
189 22:00 < finnarne> white will you take the votes again ?
190 22:00 < Werner> I suggest monday in two weeks?
191 22:00 < finnarne> I have no problems with mondays
192 22:00 < Werner> 20. of March
193 22:00 < finnarne> 20:00 GMT ?
194 22:00 < Werner> Mondays are probably the best weekday for mee to..
195 22:01 < white> finnarne: yes
196 22:01 < finnarne> what about some d-i meeting or ??
197 22:01 < finnarne> some dc6 meeting that is ...
198 22:02 < finnarne> h01ger: do you know if there is a dc6 meeting 2006-03-20 ?
199 22:04 < Werner> so March 20th 20:00 GMT ??
200 22:04 < finnarne> yes.
201 22:04 < white> ok