- RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- ISOC, Israel
HTTP: http://mirror.isoc.org.il/pub/skolelinux/ (not yet updated with Squeeze release)
How to Mirror Skolelinux/DebianEdu
The best way to mirror large amounts of data is using rsync. It uses the rsync remote-update protocol to greatly speed up file transfers when the destination file already exists. The rsync remote-update protocol allows rsync to transfer just the differences between two sets of files across the network link.
Available rsync modules
- cd-squeeze-dvd - Daily built DVD images of Skolelinux squeeze, multiarch DVD version (4.4 GiB)
- cd-squeeze-amd64-i386-netinst - Daily built ISO images of Skolelinux squeeze/multiarch netinstaller version (609 MiB)
- cd-squeeze-test-dvd - Daily built DVD images of Skolelinux squeeze-test, multiarch DVD version (4.4 GiB)
- cd-squeeze-test-amd64-i386-netinst - Daily built ISO images of Skolelinux squeeze-test, multiarch netinstaller version (609 MiB)
- skolelinux-cd - Official releases, all suites (~194 GiB)
- skolelinux-dist - Packages available in Skolelinux, all suites, without ISO images (~76 GiB)
Full list can be shown using this command "rsync ftp.skolelinux.org::".
Please see DebianEdu/ArchivePolicy
How to build your own mirror
The short answer would be to run "rsync rsync://$SERVER/$MODULE $DESTINATION" after setting the variables values. You should run this with cron to make sure your mirror is updated. Please also use this options for rsync "--recursive --times --links --hard-links --delete".
You can also use http://www.debian.org/mirror/anonftpsync as a base for you own script.