Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic...
This is in the very early stage of something which should become a howto to understand the build process of the Debian Edu (install) cd - please help to improve it. I will do so too, on my way to eternal wisdom and happyness
- tasks comes from debian-edu svn
- wantedpkglist*.txt is generated from tasks
- wantedpkglist is given to debian-cd to populate the cd
- missingpkglist is generated by comparing the list of packages on the CD with the list of wanted packages.
the code for the version of debian-cd we're using is at /home/builder/src/debian-edu/src/build/CD-administrator/debian-cd
During every build it's patched by debian-edu/src/build/CD-administrator/patch-debian-cd with debian-edu/src/build/CD-administrator/debian-cd.patch
If you want to exclude certain packages from the cd, there is a exclude-etch list (also used for etch-test) in that patch.
the logs from each cd build are commited to svn (debian-edu/html/logs/cd-build-$suite.log). the commits are silent, so no commit-mail is sent.
on a.skolelinux.no in .../src/build/CD-administrator/ do touch force-$SUITE to force a rebuild
how to exclude packages from the cd
Get the curret status
grab CD-administrator with svn co svn+ssh://$email@example.com/svn/debian-edu/trunk/src/build/CD-administrator
- cd CD-administrator
- figure out the current debian-cd revision we use (currently 1372)
- svn co -r $revnumber svn://svn.debian.org/debian-cd/trunk debian-cd.unpatched
- If you get the wrong revision you wont be ablt to apply the patch
patch using ./patch-debian-cd
edit the patch
edit the exlude file with vi debian-cd/tasks/exclude-etch
regenerate the patch with ./make-patch
Test that your patch works with ./patch-debian-cd
commit your changes to the patchfile with svn commit debian-cd.patch
- have a beer and wait for the cd to build
famous last words
... and any technology distinguishable from magic is not sufficiently advanced!