Test result and working document for testing in Trondheim
- Router: Dlink router DIR-655 (10.0.2.1 (set manually), no dhcp server)
- Thin client server (4gb ram, 20 gb hd,HP xw4300 workstation, (10.0.2.3 (set manually under install))
- Half thick/thin client (2gb ram,HP xw4300 workstation)
- Dell server
Things to improve in documentation:
- The architecture image should show diskless workstations
- The documentation should refer to diskless workstations as well
- The "Screenshot" button in the installer probably confuses simple users, and should probably be removed or moved.
Minimal profile: what is this used for and should it be shown to all users ? Short e-mail thread about this: http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2010/12/msg00162.html
- After popularity contest it seems the system has stopped up, a progress or similiar should be indicating that there is install proceeds
If existing lvm partition exist on hard drives , it is not possibe to delete it even if we choose delete it (screenshot gives a lead: partman-lvm-device-remove-lvm-span ). It is possible that the lvm contains an old version of debianedu, so this can probably happen on reinstall. Bug: http://bugs.skolelinux.no/show_bug.cgi?id=1466
- A workaround is to go into a shell and remove lvm partition manually with fdisk and the reboot, but this is probably not a good solution for most users.
- In norwegian "Skjermbilde" should be renamed to "Ta skjermbilde"
"Graphical install" results in "Undefined video mode number: 314 ", pressing space (continue) results in a black screen and installer stops (text install works) . Possibly related to: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=605076
- the main server requires manuel network config, being the server with the dhcp service it should
assume that there is no dhcp server available and automaticly conifigure to static ip 10.0.2.2. Bug: http://bugs.skolelinux.no/show_bug.cgi?id=1463
Using dvd iso image
(The 2 following error coulld be related to some error that occured when downloading)
- When installing from full dvd image using main server profile(this does not happen on netboot install on the same hardware):
we get the following error : http://user.skolelinux.org/~arntog/bug-screenshots/2011-06-04%2001.00.58.jpg . The server is 32 bit, could it be it tries with 64 bit kernel ?
When the installer tries to create a partition the following error occurs : http://user.skolelinux.org/~arntog/bug-screenshots/2011-06-04%2001.06.28.jpg , where it states the lvm group name is already in use, but after deleting partition manually and restarted the installer the same occurs again. The shell is stating that there is no lvm isntalled on the harddrive: http://user.skolelinux.org/~arntog/bug-screenshots/2011-06-04%2001.18.49.jpg
- vpn tunneling between 2 private networks that is located on location and accessable only by a public lan
Dell has some patches for network ports that allows a logical name to be assigned to each port, these port names should be shown in the installer as well when they are available. Bug: http://bugs.skolelinux.no/show_bug.cgi?id=1467
Long term feature request
- Consider changing to Ubuntu way of using sudo instead of root account. Bug:
Norwegian: Vandrende arbeidsstasjon -> noe bedre