Comment: add cfengine3 and gosa-plugin-pwreset; default desktop change, cfengine2 -> cfengine3
use proper cfengine name, rewording a bit; add link to official docs.
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
|* New configuration management Cfengine3 (replacing unmaintained Cfengine2).||* New CFEngine configuration management (replacing unmaintained package cfengine2 with cfengine3 one); this is a major change, for details see [[https://docs.cfengine.com| the official CFEngine documentation]].|
New features in Debian Edu Buster
New features for Debian Edu 10+edu0 Codename Buster
New version of debian-installer from Debian Buster, see its installation manual for more details.
New artwork based on the "soft Waves" theme, the default artwork for Debian 10 Buster.
New CFEngine configuration management (replacing unmaintained package cfengine2 with cfengine3 one); this is a major change, for details see the official CFEngine documentation.
- New default desktop environment Xfce (replacing KDE).
- Everything which is new in Debian 10 Buster, eg:
- Linux kernel XXX
- Desktop environments KDE Plasma Workspace XXX, GNOME XXX, Xfce XXX, LXDE XXX, MATE XXX
- KDE Plasma Workspace is installed by default; to choose one of the others see this manual.
- Firefox XXX ESR and Chromium XXX
- Educational toolbox GCompris XXX
- Music creator Rosegarden XXX
- GOsa XXX
- LTSP XXX
- Debian Buster includes more than XXX packages available for installation.
More information about Debian 10 Buster is provided in the release notes and the installation manual.
Documentation and translation updates
- Translation updates for the templates used in the installer. These templates are now available in XXX languages.
- The Debian Edu Buster Manual is fully translated to German, French, Italian, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian Bokmål and Japanese.
- Partly translated versions exist for Spanish, Polish and Simplified Chinese.
Other changes compared to the previous release
- The USB ISO image allows offline installations again.
- Support for running Java applets in the Firefox ESR browser has been dropped upstream.
- Support for nonfree flash has been dropped from the Firefox ESR browser. We have also decided to drop the free but unmaintained gnash implementation.
- New GOsa²-Plugin Password Management.