add cfengine3 and gosa-plugin-pwreset; default desktop change, cfengine2 -> cfengine3
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
| * New configuration management Cfengine3 (replacing unmaintained Cfengine2).
* New default desktop environment Xfce (replacing KDE).
|Line 40:||Line 42:|
* The USB ISO image allows offline installations again.
|Line 43:||Line 46:|
|* FIXME: describe other changes compasred to Stretch here.||* New GOsa²-Plugin Password Management.|
New features in Debian Edu Buster
New features for Debian Edu 10+edu0 Codename Buster
New version of debian-installer from Debian Buster, see its installation manual for more details.
New artwork based on the "soft Waves" theme, the default artwork for Debian 10 Buster.
- New configuration management Cfengine3 (replacing unmaintained Cfengine2).
- New default desktop environment Xfce (replacing KDE).
- Everything which is new in Debian 10 Buster, eg:
- Linux kernel XXX
- Desktop environments KDE Plasma Workspace XXX, GNOME XXX, Xfce XXX, LXDE XXX, MATE XXX
- KDE Plasma Workspace is installed by default; to choose one of the others see this manual.
- Firefox XXX ESR and Chromium XXX
- Educational toolbox GCompris XXX
- Music creator Rosegarden XXX
- GOsa XXX
- LTSP XXX
- Debian Buster includes more than XXX packages available for installation.
Documentation and translation updates
- Translation updates for the templates used in the installer. These templates are now available in XXX languages.
- The Debian Edu Buster Manual is fully translated to German, French, Italian, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian Bokmål and Japanese.
- Partly translated versions exist for Spanish, Polish and Simplified Chinese.
Other changes compared to the previous release
- The USB ISO image allows offline installations again.
- Support for running Java applets in the Firefox ESR browser has been dropped upstream.
- Support for nonfree flash has been dropped from the Firefox ESR browser. We have also decided to drop the free but unmaintained gnash implementation.
- New GOsa²-Plugin Password Management.