add LTSP chroot change
add information about GOsa cleanup.
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 47:||Line 47:|
| * New GOsa²-Plugin Password Management.
|| * New GOsa²-Plugin Password Management.
* Some more unusable options removed from the GOsa² web interface.
* New netgroup available to exclude shut-down-at-night-host from being waken up.
New features in Debian Edu Buster
New features for Debian Edu 10+edu0 Codename Buster
New version of debian-installer from Debian Buster, see its installation manual for more details.
New artwork based on the "soft Waves" theme, the default artwork for Debian 10 Buster.
New CFEngine configuration management (replacing unmaintained package cfengine2 with cfengine3 one); this is a major change, for details see the official CFEngine documentation.
- New default desktop environment Xfce (replacing KDE).
- The architecture of the LTSP chroot now defaults to the server side one.
- Everything which is new in Debian 10 Buster, eg:
- Linux kernel XXX
- Desktop environments KDE Plasma Workspace XXX, GNOME XXX, Xfce XXX, LXDE XXX, MATE XXX
- KDE Plasma Workspace is installed by default; to choose one of the others see this manual.
- Firefox XXX ESR and Chromium XXX
- Educational toolbox GCompris XXX
- Music creator Rosegarden XXX
- GOsa XXX
- LTSP XXX
- Debian Buster includes more than XXX packages available for installation.
Documentation and translation updates
- Translation updates for the templates used in the installer. These templates are now available in XXX languages.
- The Debian Edu Buster Manual is fully translated to German, French, Italian, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian Bokmål and Japanese.
- Partly translated versions exist for Spanish, Polish and Simplified Chinese.
Other changes compared to the previous release
- The USB ISO image allows offline installations again.
- Support for running Java applets in the Firefox ESR browser has been dropped upstream.
- Support for nonfree flash has been dropped from the Firefox ESR browser. We have also decided to drop the free but unmaintained gnash implementation.
- New GOsa²-Plugin Password Management.
- Some more unusable options removed from the GOsa² web interface.
- New netgroup available to exclude shut-down-at-night-host from being waken up.