copied+derived from https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Stretch
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
|== New features for Debian Edu 9+edu0 Codename Buster ==||== New features for Debian Edu 10+edu0 Codename Buster ==|
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
|* The "Thin-Client-Server" profile has been renamed to "LTSP-Server" profile.|
|Line 41:||Line 40:|
* FIXME: describe other changes compasred to Stretch here.
| * Support for running Java applets in the Firefox ESR browser has been dropped upstream.
* Support for nonfree flash has been dropped from the Firefox ESR browser. We have also decided to drop the free but unmaintained gnash implementation.
* FIXME: describe other changes compared to Stretch here.
New features in Debian Edu Buster
New features for Debian Edu 10+edu0 Codename Buster
New version of debian-installer from Debian Buster, see its installation manual for more details.
New artwork based on the "soft Waves" theme, the default artwork for Debian 10 Buster.
- Everything which is new in Debian 10 Buster, eg:
- Linux kernel XXX
- Desktop environments KDE Plasma Workspace XXX, GNOME XXX, Xfce XXX, LXDE XXX, MATE XXX
- KDE Plasma Workspace is installed by default; to choose one of the others see this manual.
- Firefox XXX ESR and Chromium XXX
- Educational toolbox GCompris XXX
- Music creator Rosegarden XXX
- GOsa XXX
- LTSP XXX
- Debian Buster includes more than XXX packages available for installation.
Documentation and translation updates
- Translation updates for the templates used in the installer. These templates are now available in XXX languages.
- The Debian Edu Buster Manual is fully translated to German, French, Italian, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian Bokmål and Japanese.
- Partly translated versions exist for Spanish, Polish and Simplified Chinese.
Other changes compared to the previous release
- Support for running Java applets in the Firefox ESR browser has been dropped upstream.
- Support for nonfree flash has been dropped from the Firefox ESR browser. We have also decided to drop the free but unmaintained gnash implementation.
- FIXME: describe other changes compared to Stretch here.