New features in Debian Edu Bullseye
New features for Debian Edu 11 Codename Bullseye
New version of debian-installer from Debian Bullseye, see its installation manual for more details.
FIXME: artwork theme * New artwork based on the futurePrototype theme, the default artwork for Debian 11 Bullseye.
- The debian-installer doesn't support LTSP chroot setup anymore.
FIXME: check/update version numbers for next entries
- Everything which is new in Debian 11 Bullseye, eg:
- Linux kernel 5.4
- Desktop environments KDE Plasma Workspace 5.17, GNOME 3.30, Xfce 4.14, LXDE 0.99.2, MATE 1.22
- Firefox-ESR 68 and Chromium 79
- Educational toolbox GCompris 0.97
- Music creator Rosegarden 19.12
- GOsa 2.74
- LTSP 21
- Debian Bullseye includes more than 57000 packages available for installation.
Documentation and translation updates
- The profile choice page is available in 29 languages, of which 19 are fully translated.
- The Debian Edu Bullseye Manual is fully translated to French, German, Italian, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian Bokmål and Japanese.
- Partly translated versions exist for Polish, Spanish, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.
Other changes compared to the previous release
- Improved TLS/SSL support on the internal network. On clients, the root certificate for the Debian Edu-CA is located inside the certificate bundle for the whole system.
New LTSP, re-written from scratch, dropping thin client support. Thin clients are now supported using X2Go.