The Debian Project was officially founded by Ian Murdock on 1993-08-16. The Debian Community celebrates its birthday, Debian Day, on this day each year. (It has also been called Debian Appreciation Day.)
Debian Day by year pages
You can check if a there is a Debian Day celebration being organized in a city near you and look to past celebrations on the following pages. If there is no information for your location, you are invited to create it.
Organize a local Debian Day celebration
If you want to organize Debian Day for your city, we urge you to follow these instructions:
- Select a place for the celebration that has:
- Easy access
- That have sufficient electrical outlets, if they want to do an install fest.
- Sponsors: Ideally you should choose sponsors that don't have links to private products.
- Activities: some activities that you may wish to choose include:
- Install Fest
- Key signing party
- Talks about:
- Free Software
- Create your Debian Day event page under the country of you're living in. If your city doesn't appear, can create the information necessary in the right space provided.
Go to DebianDay 2016 and share your details and links.