Debian Day 2010
On this site we have information relevant to the celebration of Debian Day. This includes information about activities located at cities near you. If there is no information for your location, you are invited to create it.
The Debian Day http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/project-history/ is celebrated on August 16 of each year.
?DebianDayArtwork - If you have trouble creating graphic elements, promote and publicize the event. We created a session to share this type of graphic material.
If you want to organize Debian Day for your city, we urge you to follow these instructions:
- Select a place for the celebration that has:
- Easy access
- That have sufficient electrical outlets, if they want to do an install fest.
- Sponsors: Ideally you should choose sponsors that don't have links to private products.
- Activities: some activities that you may wish to choose include:
- Install Fest
- Key signing party
- Talks about:
- Free Software
- Advertising: If you have made some art for this event, share it with everybody! and put link for it here. Some examples can be t-shirts, top cd...
- Create your Debian Day event page under the country of you're living in. If your city doesn't appear, can create the information necessary in the right space provided.
If you intend to create a page for your event, you could create page using debian wiki default template, following the DebianDayCountryYear convention for country and then creating city page following the convention DebianDayCountryYearStCity (St = State or Province, first letter Upper case, second lower case).
- If your local group has own site, you could link the event to its external page from your country page listing its cities.
- You may use each city page for directly coordinating texts and announcements.
To create pages for the events, follow the Debian wiki translation(s) guide. The master/default page should be always in english. Therefore, your translated page should use the suitable country language prefix. Example: "pt_BR/DebianDayBrasil2009RsPortoAlegre". If it is still the only one, without a master english page yet, link it anyway. Using the language prefix, you will not preclude future translations. When an english version of event page becomes available, edit the links at the master english pages.
- Mailing List: use an existing debian-user-(language) or other existing regional local user group mailing list to coordinate the information regarding to your country event.
Portugal - this year the gathering will take place on the 4th of September